Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Rear Cargo Cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Default Rear Cargo Cover

I am purchasing a Weathertech rear cargo liner formy 2008Aspen that will fit behind the second seat on the floor of the cargo area. Any input on Weathertech or other options for a cargo liner would be helpful, but my main concern is that I also want to find a rear cargo cover that will help to conceal any items that are in the cargo area. I believe that Chrysler does not offer this item as an option nor do they have an OEM part that would fit the Aspen. Does anyone know of a company that makes the rear cargo cover that could be customized to fit the Aspen? This would connect somewhere above the cargo area and slide in and out to reveal or conceal the cargo area. I have not been able to find the item after calling several on-line cargo liner suppliers. Thanks

Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Default RE: Rear Cargo Cover

You're right - there are plenty of cargo liners out there for the Aspen, but no cargo covers. It doesn't appear that Chrysler installed any obvious mounting points for one, and they don't carry a cargo cover as a MOPAR accessory, so installing one might require some creativity if you absolutely have to have one.

Regarding options for the cargo liner, MOPAR has an accessory tray available, but it fits behind the 3rd row only. Weathertech makes a good product, so you should be happy with what you've chosen.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Default RE: Rear Cargo Cover

Thanks for the reply. I may need to think outside of the box on this one. I have heard that Weathertech makes a great product.