Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Spark plugs-E3 vs Pulstar vs Bosch

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by TNtech
Also quite a few more models the part numbers have changed to NGK, The 4.0L Jeep being one of them. Your 300 is supposed to have platinum...
Champions, or platinum what? Special uses NGK. I don't have a Special, but it's good enough for me.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by tinman
Champions, or platinum what? Special uses NGK. I don't have a Special, but it's good enough for me.
Platinum is not a brand it's a type. Special as in a 3.5 HO ?

Old 05-15-2011, 08:16 AM

Yes, Special as in "300M Special" (which were not produced yet in '99), 3.5 HO.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:45 AM

Yes with a ignition amplifer

Old 05-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

what are u talking about an ignition amplifier???

Old 07-04-2011, 03:18 PM

Riveter, are you positive that this little test didn't affect the way you drive?

Sorry to doubt your results, but if a different plug type could result in a 24% increase in fuel economy, every manufacturer on the planet would be using them.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

all and all said all teh cars U mentioned used a Mass air flow sensor and can be tuned with tweaking and sensor change or what ever mooders do or use.
Chrysler dodge and Jeep use speed density math equation to tell the computers how long to fire a spark plug and turn on the fuel injector. The computer will always want to get to 14.7 to 1 air fuel mix which is the best for internal combustion chamber engines. SO no matter what U do externally to an engine the computer will simply ADJ it back to what it wants plus or minus 33% fuel.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Default thanks all

OK, well I guess my findings and my posts are not wanted here. The answer to your question 15951a\, the auto manufacturers care about one thing, the bottom line. Why would they put a $10 plug in a car when they can buy a $2 plug in bulk for about $.30? They dont care about a few miles per gallon versus price. Even so, the markup for parts goes something like this: They pay $10 for a high end plug, and we pay $1000 for them with the markup. Thanks for deleting my posts all. I guess I'll leave the Chrysler forums and be a sheep like everyone else and buy crappy j-wire plugs........who am I kidding! I gave you guys legit numbers and all I get was this. Nice.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:59 PM

Chrysler dodge and Jeep use speed density math equation
Chrysler corp ignition systems are extremely PICKY about what you use for spark plugs....

As for Bottom line...YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG.....

Not just Chrysler, But any Automaker...An increase in fuel economy earns them REWARD POINTS with the government...So Regardless of cost, it would be of a benefit to spend the extra money on the more expensive plugs, Considereing it gets written off in the end.... PROVIDED the plugs attained the benefit that they claimed....

If I could Increase HP , and Fuel Efficiency, and still fall under the emmissions Limits, Without redesigning Engine Subsystems.....WHY WOULDNT I?

Old 07-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

sorry one of my jobs on this forum is to delete spam and well u were 100% spam U have no help to any one on here what so ever. U dont even own a Chrysler product that u can add into the mix. U tell me why u would come to a web forum about Chrysler cars and promote spark plugs ??? humm spam

Quick Reply: Spark plugs-E3 vs Pulstar vs Bosch