Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Turn Signal flips between left and right turn .. %%#$$%#$

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Default Chrysler would need many complaints b4 a recall

The girl I spoke with a Chrysler said they would need may complaints and injuries before a recall would happen.
So if anyone has complaints about the turn signal defect happening in your 07 Aspen contact them at 831-442-1000 .

I would also report it to https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm so they can investigate.

I am having to take this to them to fix and they said to hold on to receipt, if there is ever a recall, they will reimburse me. But for now, its on me.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by cagrgl
The girl I spoke with a Chrysler said they would need may complaints and injuries before a recall would happen.
So if anyone has complaints about the turn signal defect happening in your 07 Aspen contact them at 831-442-1000 .

I would also report it to https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm so they can investigate.

I am having to take this to them to fix and they said to hold on to receipt, if there is ever a recall, they will reimburse me. But for now, its on me.
Good grief just get your switch replaced and get on with your life! Let NHSTA use their resources to attend to REAL safety issues. Are you going to give the dealership personel a bunch of drama too? I wouldn't advise making yourself look like an *** in any repair shop. It doesn't get you far I can assure you.

Last edited by TNtech; 10-21-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by kkreit01
Seems Aspens are prone to electrical issues. At least I'll know what to look for if mine starts acting up.
Actually they're really not. One of the least frequently repaired Chrysler vehicles I see. Sure, if you load up a car with 20-30 on board computers you're going to have a certain amount of glitches. That's industry wide and not on just one car maker. Many parts from various car makers are made by the same vendor. Car companies don't make many of their own parts anymore.

Last edited by TNtech; 10-21-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 AM

Thanks for the info. That's good to know. I don't want to be devil's advocate, but it's probably one of the least vehicles you see, because there's not many out there -- compared to Caravan, Charger, Caliber, Avenger...almost any other Chrysler vehicle. We've had ours for 9 months, 9000 miles w/o any issues. I paid $24.8K NEW last Feb, so I'm not complaining.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by TNtech
Good grief just get your switch replaced and get on with your life! Let NHSTA use their resources to attend to REAL safety issues. Are you going to give the dealership personel a bunch of drama too? I wouldn't advise making yourself look like an *** in any repair shop. It doesn't get you far I can assure you.
Wow, you are from Chrysler , how nice of you to respond in this way to us Chrysler customers. In my opinion this is a real safety issue. When I am in a Left lane and my blinker is turning right or just switches to right and I am not staring right at it, people will see that I am trying to go right when in fact I am trying to go left. What about on the freeway, this can really cause problems if I am not constanly looking at it. YES I am getting it fixed. I am getting on with my Life ( you are so very rude to talk in a manner like this and representing Chrysler. I am not a drama causing type person , really I am a good person, and respectful. Seems your the one on here trying to cause some drama and acting like an "***". Anyway the question asked if anyone has had problems with their turn signals. I happen to run across it when I was looking for recalls. So please, enough said, I wonder if Chrysler trains all their employees with this great of customer service???

Old 10-22-2010, 01:45 PM

Wow, you are from Chrysler , how nice of you to respond in this way to us Chrysler customers. In my opinion this is a real safety issue. When I am in a Left lane and my blinker is turning right or just switches to right and I am not staring right at it, people will see that I am trying to go right when in fact I am trying to go left. What about on the freeway, this can really cause problems if I am not constanly looking at it. YES I am getting it fixed. I am getting on with my Life ( you are so very rude to talk in a manner like this and representing Chrysler. I am not a drama causing type person , really I am a good person, and respectful. Seems your the one on here trying to cause some drama and acting like an "***". Anyway the question asked if anyone has had problems with their turn signals. I happen to run across it when I was looking for recalls. So please, enough said, I wonder if Chrysler trains all their employees with this great of customer service???
TNtech is here on his own time, and is very helpful. Posts like this one make helpful people throw up their hands and give up. Give the guy a break - I can understand why he responded the way he did. There is a pattern here of people wanting full-scale recalls whenever anything breaks on their vehicles. It's a function of our litigious, "victimized" society.

Sorry about the problem you're having, but I can understand why Chrysler would expect you to pay for this out of warranty. It's a broken part, and it is no longer covered. It's not a brake failure, a steering failure, or any other critical part. I see old people cruising along with their blinkers on all day, and it doesn't result in any major incident.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:48 PM

Wow, you are from Chrysler ,
Incorrect...I DO NOT work for Chrysler. I work on behalf of the customers (the rational ones) and my dealer principal. Someone else signs my paychecks. However, I'm just one of the many who have to be on the receiving end of this nonsense from "victims" like yourself. I bend over backwards on a daily basis solving problems for customers, often at my own expense of time. Just because you have a bad switch and Chrysler won't pay for it out of warranty doesn't justify you coming here and starting a revolution. Neither does it justify you giving the service personel at your local dealership a huge pain in the neck. If you can't afford to maintain and operate your car, don't buy one... take the bus. Warranties do exactly what they're designed to do...cover you up to a certain point. We didn't design, engineer or build your vehicle. If you need advice, i'm all ears. If you want to come here and use the forum for a soapbox.....your problems will go unanswered.>>>>>>>> Have a nice day.

Last edited by TNtech; 10-22-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by kkreit01
Thanks for the info. That's good to know. I don't want to be devil's advocate, but it's probably one of the least vehicles you see, because there's not many out there -- compared to Caravan, Charger, Caliber, Avenger...almost any other Chrysler vehicle.
Yes, I addressed that point about a Challenger the other day on another forum. Feedback comes in slow that's true. Almost all of what i've seen with the Aspen are a few water leaks and software glitches. Nothing major yet.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Default Aspen turn signal malfunction

My turn signals on my 2007 Chrysler Aspen are doing the same thing, they actually do 3 different things.

When I hit it to blink left, many times it will automatically start blinking Right
Many times when it is blinking left, it will change and just start blinking right with no touching anything
Sometimes will will be blinking left and just stop and not do anything at all

I think this is very dangerous and you know sometimes we don't pay attention to which way it is blinking because we assume it is going to do it's job and blink the right way. I now have to pay attention every time and also pay attention to it when my husband is driving.

I think this should be recalled, if enough people complain about it, it might be.
I have called the # and reported it at 831-442-1000
Got the same problem just starting on mine. Seems to go away when the vehicle is warmed up. It is a safety issue if other drivers don't know where you are going on a busy road. Cops will also give you a ticket if they spot you making a turn or lane change without signaling. Has anyone out there fixed this problem on their own or through a mechanic? What was the part, cost, and could I do it myself?

Old 12-09-2012, 04:17 PM

Part # with stability control on the vehicle is 56044802AB, and lists for $95.20 -- you can get it for around $68 on the internet. Without stability control, it's 56045515AA. Confirm these part #s with your dealer -- the internet isn't flawless.

Labor to make the repair is listed at .6.

The repair will take a little time if you DIY. To remove it:

1. Disconnect/isolate the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the driver airbag from the steering wheel. If you don't know how or aren't comfortable messing with it, stop and bring it to a mechanic.
3. Disconnect the steering wheel wire harness connectors from the upper clockspring connector.
4. Remove the steering wheel (again, who separate procedure)
5.Remove the screw that secures the tilt steering column **** and remove it from the tilt actuator on the left side of the column.
6.From below the steering column, remove the two outboard screws that secure the upper column shroud to the lower shroud.
7.Using hand pressure, press inward on both sides of the upper shroud above the parting line of the lower shroud to release the snap features that secure the two shroud halves to each other.
8.Remove the upper shroud from the lower shroud and the steering column.
9.Remove the one center screw that secures the lower shroud to the steering column.
10.Remove the lower shroud from the steering column.
11.Disconnect the wire harness connector from the back of the multi-function switch housing.
12.Remove the two screws that secure the switch to the multi-function switch mounting housing.
13.Grasp the switch control stalk and pull it toward the left side of the vehicle to remove the switch from the mounting housing.

To install, reverse the above. I'd take this one to a pro unless you really know what you're doing and you're comfortable working around airbags.

Last edited by 15951a\; 12-09-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal flips between left and right turn .. %%#$$%#$