Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Will Chrysler come out with the 2011 Aspen?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Default Will Chrysler come out with the 2011 Aspen?

Just got a twiiter notification that the 2011 Durango is coming out next year and it looks really sweet. I can't tell from the pictures if the truck is the same size as the 2011 Grand Cherokee or bigger. I'm curious to know if the "upscale Durango" version will come out afterwards?

Old 09-27-2010, 02:24 PM

Unless Chrylser applies some common sense and wants to sell cars, then no. By that, I mean, if the Aspens would have not simply been chromed-up rebadges of the Durangos, they would have sold a lot more. However, they went cheap and changed very little from the Durango, other than the taillights, grill, some chrome, and a few accessories here and there.

If they want to sell cars, they'll have to spend money and REcreate an ORIGINAL vehicle. Look at it this way, is the Navigator a rebadge of the Expedition? No - completely different vehicle, whether it uses the same chassis or not.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by conversion02
Unless Chrylser applies some common sense and wants to sell cars, then no. By that, I mean, if the Aspens would have not simply been chromed-up rebadges of the Durangos, they would have sold a lot more. However, they went cheap and changed very little from the Durango, other than the taillights, grill, some chrome, and a few accessories here and there.

If they want to sell cars, they'll have to spend money and REcreate an ORIGINAL vehicle. Look at it this way, is the Navigator a rebadge of the Expedition? No - completely different vehicle, whether it uses the same chassis or not.
Actually, a Navigator is an upscale rebadge of the Expedition. In no way is it a "completely different vehicle" in my opinion.

Personally, I think the design of the Aspen was an improvement on the Durango - enough to make me purchase it over the Durango, and I owned a 2004 Durango Limited before.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by jcl_cls01
Just got a twiiter notification that the 2011 Durango is coming out next year and it looks really sweet. I can't tell from the pictures if the truck is the same size as the 2011 Grand Cherokee or bigger. I'm curious to know if the "upscale Durango" version will come out afterwards?
Lots of cool stuff hitting the dealers in the 4th quarter and first quarter...keep your eyes open. Driven the 2011 Grand Cherokee (and the Hemi version) and they are freakin seweet!

Old 09-28-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by 15951a\
Actually, a Navigator is an upscale rebadge of the Expedition. In no way is it a "completely different vehicle" in my opinion.

Personally, I think the design of the Aspen was an improvement on the Durango - enough to make me purchase it over the Durango, and I owned a 2004 Durango Limited before.
Well, of both Expedition and Navigator's I've owned have been very, very different. Interior is completely different, seats are different, much different options, etc. Have you even seen both vehicles side by side?

The major knock on the Aspen was that it was so similar to a Durango and offered such few upgrades for the money. Don't take my word for it, look at C&D or Motor Trend.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:18 AM

I agree overall with Conversion02, but it was a poor example. Navigator is just a fancy Expy -- just like Aspen was a fancy Durango. I don't think there is a market for both. Aspen already failed, so I doubt they'll bring it back. The new Durango looks great. I hope it works out well. Let's not kid ourselves though, there's a lot of rebadging everywhere (GMC!). It works for some, and doesn't for others. Ford tried it with Lincoln trucks a few times, and it didn't work out either.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:04 PM

Agreed - some vehicles can be rebaded and sell, Explorer and Mountaineer or even the Escape and Mariner. All sold well. However, neither are $45 for a decent ride. Also, generally on Mercs or Lincolns or Caddys or any other "luxury" type division, there's A LOT more aluminum parts (control arms, driveshaft, etc). There's not on the Chrysler.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:49 AM

Alot of companies rebadge...F-150=Lincoln mark LT...Tahoe=Yukon Denali...nissan armada=infinity q what ever it is...etc. As far as the Aspen goes..chrysler should have totally redisgned it & the durango. alot of buyers dislike 2nd gen durango so why copy it & chrome it? Hopefully the Aspen returns but that probably depends on the success of the new durango