Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

06 chrysler pacifica service immobilizer code

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Default 06 chrysler pacifica service immobilizer code

Just got this code. I only have 1 key that the dealer gave me. No close dealer to me. I read that you can reset your key yourself? Does anyone know how? I checked my online user manual as the dealer never gave me one, and it tells how to set a new key using the original, but if my original won't work what do i do? I have an appointment with a dealer an hour away this week, but i can't get my car started.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:35 PM

I would think that if your original key doesn't work, then you would be unable to start your car...

So, if you can start and run our car, then you should be able to program a new key...

However, I believe you need to have 2 keys that are already programmed in order to program any new keys.

I ordered in 2 from eBay and they came with instruction. Here you go...

Customer Key Programming

NOTE: When having the Sentry Key Immobilizer System serviced, bring all vehicle keys with you to the dealer.

Replacement Keys

NOTE: Only keys that have been programmed to the vehicle electronics can be used to start the vehicle. Once a Sentry Key has been programmed to a vehicle, it cannot be programmed to any other vehicle.

At the time of purchase, the original owner is provided with a four digit PIN number. This number is required for dealer replacement of keys. Duplication of keys may be performed at an authorized dealer or by using the Customer Key Programming procedure. This procedure consists of programming a blank key to the vehicle electronics. A blank key is one which has never been programmed.

You can program new sentry keys to the system if you have two valid sentry keys by performing the following procedure:

1. Cut the additional Sentry Key Transponder blank(s) to match the ignition switch lock cylinder key code.

2. Insert the first valid key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON for at least 3 seconds but no longer than 15 seconds. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the first key.

3. Insert the second valid key and turn the ignition switch ON within 15 seconds. After ten seconds a chime will sound and the Theft Alarm Light will begin to flash.

Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the second key.

4. Insert a blank Sentry Key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON within 60 seconds. After 10 seconds a single chime will sound. The Theft Alarm Light will stop flashing, turn on for 3 seconds; then turn off.

The new Sentry Key has been programmed. The Keyless Entry Transmitter will also be programmed during this procedure.

Repeat this procedure to program up to a total of 8 keys.

If you do not have a programmed sentry key, contact your dealer for details.

NOTE: If a programmed key has been lost, see your dealer to have all remaining keys erased from the systems memory. The remaining keys must then be re-programmed. This will prevent the lost key from starting your vehicle. All vehicle keys must be taken to the dealer at the time of service to be reprogrammed. This procedure may be covered by your Home Insurance.

And if you have a Chrysler Remote Car Starter installed, here is the instructions for programming additional FOB's (I also picked them up on eBay).

Transmitter Programming.

A. Make sure battery is connected.
B. Close hood.
C. Turn the ignition to the “on” position.
D. Press and hold the programming button (should be on the harness leading to the OBD connector).

After 10 seconds the horn will chirp and the lights will flash
3 times indicating the system is now in transmitter learn mode.

Note: If horn does not sound when the lights

flash (or sounds inconsistently) turn “off” option 7 in option bank #1.
See section “2. Option Programming”.
E. Release the programming button.
F. Press button on transmitter to be programmed.

The horn will chirp and the

lights will flash 1 time indicating that the transmitter has been learned.

G. Repeat step F for additional transmitters.

Cheers!!

Old 01-04-2015, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

The key code will do you no good because u dont have a scanner to program the keys using the code.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:17 AM

Thanks. No my first and ONLY key won't work. It started last week just occassionally my car shutting off. But it would start back. Then about wednesday it wouldn't start back until about the 3rd try. Then on saturday it wouldn't start at all. I'm currently waiting on the tow truck to tow my car an hour away at out closest chrysler dealer.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:18 AM

Considering where i live, and having to take my car to the Chrysler dealer for every fix, i can honestly say i'll never own another. This is my first and last Chrysler.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Based on what you get and where you get it most cars have the same system ford has chip keys so do GM and Toyota so sont blame Chrysler for it. Either buy a old *** car that your local boys can work on or move to a different place where technology can keep up.
9 times out of 10 the car is not the issue its the people working on the car that dont know what they are doing and make it that much worse for you. If you had people that knew about it and fix it right the first time you and I would never be having this convo.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
Based on what you get and where you get it most cars have the same system ford has chip keys so do GM and Toyota so sont blame Chrysler for it. Either buy a old *** car that your local boys can work on or move to a different place where technology can keep up.
9 times out of 10 the car is not the issue its the people working on the car that dont know what they are doing and make it that much worse for you. If you had people that knew about it and fix it right the first time you and I would never be having this convo.

Move? Really? You want to pay for my whole family to move? Our good old boys include certified ford and chevy dealerships right here in town. Just no one wants to deal with Chrysler. And t g e people working on it now are certified Chrysler mechanics. Ive been online reading thousands of problems others have had with the same thing i am experiencing. If you have nothing to contribute about how to fix my problem or advice on what to check then i didnt ask or want your 2 cents worth rude remark.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:46 PM

>I'm currently waiting on the tow truck to tow my car an hour away at our closest chrysler dealer. < Just wondering is this idea out of the question ? Rather than tow for a hour. could the nessary parts be taken off and taken to the dealer or do they need the whole car ? *BW*

Old 01-07-2015, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pamela Buckles
Just got this code. I only have 1 key that the dealer gave me. No close dealer to me. I read that you can reset your key yourself? Does anyone know how? I checked my online user manual as the dealer never gave me one, and it tells how to set a new key using the original, but if my original won't work what do i do? I have an appointment with a dealer an hour away this week, but i can't get my car started.
Pamela Buckles,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue with your Pacifica.
It can be frustrating living in an area where you don't have access to qualified Chrysler Techs at a Chrysler dealer.
Have you had the opportunity to have your vehicle towed yet?
Keep us posted if you can.
All the best!

Old 01-07-2015, 05:03 PM

Thank you Barbara. Yes i got it towed on monday. Got a friend of a friend and he only charged me $75 and let me ride in the tow truck to the shop. After being there for 2 days they found out that my pcm computer and whole wiring harness are corroded and both had to be replaced. Possibly get my car back tomorrow. $1100, total bill, was more but since my work has an account with them gave me a discount. Had to get a rental, but once again the dealership spoke with rental co and they gave me a 4x4 for $35 a day. After all is said and done I'll be out close to $1400.

Quick Reply: 06 chrysler pacifica service immobilizer code