Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

06 Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Question 06 Pacifica

I have a 06 pacifica that shows a check engine light. The computer shows crankshaft/camshaft/timing. Both sensors have been changed. When the code is cleared the car runs fine for about 5-10 miles then the check engine comes back on and the car goes into a limp mode(when kicking car down it doesn't like to down shift or rev). In town it drives normal unless you have to get on it a little, there again I'm assuming its because the computer is not letting it because of the check engine. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas ?

Old 02-12-2011, 06:16 AM

Has any mechanical work been done recently????

That code usually refers to misalignment of CAM/CRANK in the engine.

I would suspect your timing belt has skipped a tooth.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:45 PM

no mechanic work has been done other than right now with the check engine light on and now the changing of the sensors. when they cleared code it runs fine for 5-10 miles. I did read in another place online where they were saying when a crank sensor and cam sensor get change out you have to enter the pcm with a drb3 tool and relearn cam and crank tone wheel settings . Have you heard of this?

Old 02-12-2011, 05:54 PM

Yes....But that does not account for your original problem.....

"Cam / Crank misalignment " Happens when the pulse from the crank sensor does not coincide with the cam timing signal...
Which basically means that your sensors themselves are working properly, but at the wrong time....

Unless a sensor magnet was broken (Which isnt the case, because you have replaced them), There are only 2 causes for this...

1- Your timing belt has skipped a tooth, Due to a worn belt, bad tensioner, or a water pump leak that spilled on the belt
or 2- A cracked flexplate/Flywheel.....Since the crankshaft measures pulses from the tonering on the flex plate, And "Movement" is reason enough for the computer to think the signals are out of time....

Assuming this is a 3.5l V6......Both of these scenarios are equally common.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:01 AM

thanks for the info. I will let you know what the outcome is.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:05 AM

Off Topic to some degree.

I own an 05 Pacifica however the reason I replied is your unique name spelling. My 10 year old son Kole shares the same spelling! His mom actually chose to replace the "C" with a "K". Anyway if you don't mind me asking do you know how your parents came about the spelling of your name? I was wondering if there is a specific nationality attached to this spelling.