Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

07 pacifica windows fogging

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Default 07 pacifica windows fogging

We have an 07 pacifica limited that has problems with the windows fogging. I've read other posts and tried some of those suggestions with no cure (taking the battery terminal off and running the A/C while temp is hot). Here in MD the windows are fine until the temperature reaches 32 F. At that point the windows start to fog a bit...as the temperature drops the windows start to fog a little more. At 27 F they get so bad it is difficult to see to drive and the interior windows are wet. The defogger setting works but the vents don't seem to hit the front window right to clear the fog. We periodically get a "stale" smell from the heating/cooling system that is unusual and does not last long. If you have any ideas/suggestions please advise. Thanks!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:44 PM

I assume you don't have the air vent set on "recirculate"... If that is the case, and also based on the smell you mention, I'd check the Cabin Filter... It may be plugged/obstructed.

There could also be other problems, but the above is easy to check first...

Cheers!!

Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Default Thanks

Thanks for the reply...the recirculate button is not on and we just had the oil changed and they inspect the cabin filter each time, so not an issue there. What other issues could it be that you mentioned? Thanks!

Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 PM

Run the heater blower at a higher speed to keep the windows clear. The more air you get flowing into the car, the better.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:23 AM
Default Window Fogging

I have the same problem with my 2007 Pacifica. I just bought it used in June of this year, and since it has been in the 20's the last couple of days, I have to open the windows about a 1/2 inch in order to unfog the windows. I just had the car serviced inluding the cabin filter.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by rainman1442
Thanks for the reply...the recirculate button is not on and we just had the oil changed and they inspect the cabin filter each time, so not an issue there. What other issues could it be that you mentioned? Thanks!
When you engage and disengage the recirculating button, do you hear the door/flap open and close?

Try to make it as quite as possible in the car when you check this, have the fan blower on the lowest setting too. You should hear the door open and close each time you hit that recirculating button.

If you do not hear the door moving, then that is where your problem lies...

Cheers!

Last edited by Grenadiers; 12-31-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:01 AM

The most common reason for this to happen is the door that controls the flow of air (i.e. from outside to inside/recirculating) is no longer functioning and is stuck in the "Recirculating mode". In the summer this isn't a problem, but in the winter, you need that fresh air from outside because as we breathe out, we kick out a LOT of warm, moist air that quickly condenses on the Windshield. The more people in the car, the faster that happens.

If the door is stuck “closed” it could be the motor that controls it, or the other components in the HVAC system…

There could also be an obstruction (i.e. LOTS of leaves) in the passageway that brings in the fresh air.

Cheers!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Default Recirculating door

Good tip Grenadiers! The recirculate door was not moving when I pressed the button...the light only blinked. So I took off the negative battery cable and let the system reset. When putting cable back on, the recirculate light was blinking and DELAY flashed on the temperature panel for about 30 seconds. Once it stopped, I could hear the door open/shut when pressing the button. Now just have to wait to see if it's a fix or not. Thanks for the advice!

Old 12-31-2012, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by rainman1442
Good tip Grenadiers! The recirculate door was not moving when I pressed the button...the light only blinked. So I took off the negative battery cable and let the system reset. When putting cable back on, the recirculate light was blinking and DELAY flashed on the temperature panel for about 30 seconds. Once it stopped, I could hear the door open/shut when pressing the button. Now just have to wait to see if it's a fix or not. Thanks for the advice!

Glad to help out!!!

Let us know how it all goes!

cheers!!

Last edited by Grenadiers; 12-31-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Any update on this?

Are your windows now clearing up?

Cheers!!

Quick Reply: 07 pacifica windows fogging