Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   07 pacifica windows fogging (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/07-pacifica-windows-fogging-18835/)

rainman1442 01-03-2013 06:54 PM

Update...it hadn't been cold enough until tonight to tell but the windows had not fogged. Tonight was colder (30 F) and the windows began to fog again. I pressed the recirculate button to see if it was closed again and the light just blinked. So I guess somehow the door has closed, not sure how because we did not press the button knowing the results. So I've pulled the battery terminal to try a reset and evaluate from there.

rainman1442 01-03-2013 07:00 PM

got the same result as before...flashing recirculate button while "delay" flashed on the display. I could hear the door making noise. Now the button light goes off when pressing it. Any idea why the door would close and stick on its own?

Grenadiers 01-04-2013 11:22 AM

Well, the motor that controls the flap could be on it's way out (if not already there), or there is an obstruction preventing the door from operating properly...

I'd pull out the Cabin Filter (inspect the filter for damage, clogging, etc. and look inside the cavity for debris. Clean out as required), do another "re-set" and see if it's working but without the filter in place. If she works, replace the filter (there is a right way and a wrong way to install it BTW... the shop may have buggered it up. So be prepared to have to purchase a new filter).

DO NOT
run the vehicle without a filter in place for long periods of time!! Do the test just to confirm the flaps motor is, or isn't, working properly. Then replace with a new filter, or the current one in there if it's still serviceable.

If the cavity has a lot of crud, such as leaves, vacuum them out.

Cheers!

rainman1442 01-04-2013 11:44 AM

Will do Grenadiers. Thanks again!

rainman1442 01-04-2013 11:45 AM

Do you know anything about the Pacifica chips from GFChips that is advertised above? Are they worth it?

Grenadiers 01-04-2013 12:26 PM

Nope... Never heard of that before.

Cheers!

rainman1442 01-05-2013 01:47 PM

Well...I removed the cabin filter and it was not that dirty but it was pretty buggered up on one side so I replaced it. It did not appear to be obstructing or have debris up inside compartment. So next I removed the recirculation door actuator and it ran. I could not dissasemble the lower air housing unit (because I could not get a ratchet onto all screws) to check the flap and I could not see inside to see an issue with the flap. It does not seem that the flap is opening/closing but I'm not sure because I cannot see it. Suggestions next?

Grenadiers 01-07-2013 11:13 AM

Well, it seems to me anyway, that your Actuator motor may be at the heart of the problem...

I think you need to confirm if that is where your problem lies.

Cheers