Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

12" subwoofers and amp installation. NEED HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Default 12" subwoofers and amp installation. NEED HELP !

Ive been looking all over the net for info on installing two 12" SUBWOOFERS in a box and a 1200 watt amp to power them. I want to put this in a 2007 chrysler pacifica using the factory deck. Is there any thing i should know before i attempt to do this ? are there any problems i would face? what all materials do i need as far as parts ? Will it be the same as just putting one in a 2000 ford contour ? If its about the same then i can maybe figure out... but all help is needed because i dont want to mess any thing up and be stuck without music. That would be a nightmare.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:51 PM

Can any one help me? I have installed sound systems in previous cars... just wondering if there is any difference in it other than working with a factory deck that needs an rca adapter?

Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 PM

Well does your PAC currently have the single sub? If so you can tap off of that wire for the sub signal. If not, you need to determine which amp you have and if it has a subout.

We need to know which radio you have now(what trim level the car is). Is the radio an RBP , RAZ, etc. Is your system Infinity now?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:14 AM

I will find out by tomorrow all of that info when chrysler e-mails me back... but isnt there a way to just use rca's from the factory deck without having to tap the back speakers or dig for the factory amplifier by getting an rca adapter for that deck and running rca's all the way to the back of the vehicle?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Buckster
I will find out by tomorrow all of that info when chrysler e-mails me back... but isnt there a way to just use rca's from the factory deck without having to tap the back speakers or dig for the factory amplifier by getting an rca adapter for that deck and running rca's all the way to the back of the vehicle?
Tapping off the factory sub speaker signal and inputing that as a high level signal into your 1200 watt amp is the simplest route for you to take.

I don't know of too many factory radios that have rca out. Also most factory radios use proprietary sound contours that aftermarket equipment isn't designed for. That's why they invented JL Audio Cleansweep and other like devices to get factory radios to a flat musical contour.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:31 AM

if my car has the factory subwoofer where would it be? because i dont think it has a subwoofer installed.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:47 AM

You have to be careful with the factory chrysler radios as some functions of the radio are controlled outside the radio. I have heard the bass and treble are just signals to the amp or something else.. gets controlled outside the radio. If you do search here and on pacificaworld.com for people that have done this, there may be a few. but to start, you need to know what you have first. I am not sure if all Pacificas had amps or not.

THe sub would be at ther right rear corner of the vehicle, the amp I believe is under the carpet/floor in the back as well on the right side.

But not knowing what year you have and what trim level, it's hard to help you. I suggest you get a manaul on CD so you can look at the wiring diagrams. It will help you a lot in understanding your current system.

Personally, I had the Intermezzo 8 speaker system in my loaded 04. It could have used a touch more base but for a stock system, it was quite impressive.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:29 AM

Ok thanks every one I got it done and the system works. What I did was tap into the rear door speaker wires that was coming out of the amp and used an rca adapter to be able to use the rca inputs on the amp. I think the toughest time I had while doing this whole project was getting the power cord through the firewall. Not many places or holes you can go through. But every thing worked out and it sounds great workin off of a factory deck

Old 07-18-2009, 09:59 AM

Cool, glad you got it done. That placerear speakers) was going to be suggestsion as last resort if it turned out yo had a base system. I asked about sytem because my Ram has a facory amp but no sub. They did offer the sub in the SRT10 so the amp has places for a subout right in the factory amp. You just tap into it and run an extranl amp and subs. Since the pacifca came with a sub, if you had an amp, it may have the places in the wire harness where the signals are at the amp.
Enjoy

Old 07-18-2009, 10:16 PM

There is a new problem I face now... every time the bass hits hard the headlights and dash dim. How can I get rid of this problem ? Should it be ok as long as I play my audio system only while driving?

Quick Reply: 12" subwoofers and amp installation. NEED HELP !