Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004 chrysler Pacifica 2004

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Default 2004 chrysler Pacifica 2004

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that chrysler pacifica is a nice car but has a lot of problems. Let me just tell you a little of what I have been experienceing. In the 2 1/2 years that I have had the vehicle I have had to replace the the battery twice, the instrument panel went out on the dashboard had to be replaced. I have had rust under by driver side seat, the electronic seats have stop working and had to take it to get fixed, the axle on the rear driver side has sippage but the dealer won't fix it because its not an actual leak.Which if you ask me does not make sense. I have also had to replace the fuel pump assending unit because my gas gauge was no working right. I also had the rotor and caliper replaced on the front dirver side for squeaking and shaking. But the main problem has been that when it rains or I wash the car the water stays on the door frame and does not drain until I open the door. The dealer has not been able to fix the problem. I also have a problem when I accelerate the gas there is a rattling noise and when I make a short turn I hear a clicking noise. If any of you have experienced any of the last two problems can you let me kow if you were able to resolve anything.
Thanks and if you have any questions for me feel free to ask.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Default RE: 2004 chrysler Pacifica 2004

I had many of the same problems you have stated and many more of my own, it was too the point I felt the car unsafe to drive, I did get rid of it in July and I am so happy now, and I wanted that car so bad but am much happier without it and the value went way down so I lost money on it too.....................sorry to hear about all of your problems.
My back end leaked and that box that holds the tire jack was always wet.[sm=boosign.gif]

Old 03-17-2007, 03:50 PM

I also hear a grinding noise each time I accelerate. Chrysler has not been able to determine the cause of the problem and I've brought the car to be looked at three different dealers without any luck. I've brought the car in about 20 times and I'm about to file a lemon law case which I should had done a while ago. I need to look under the car for any rust spots and check for the other issues that you've mentioned. I agree that it's a great car to drive but it's very unfortunate that Chrysler technicians can't diagnose the problems. It must be so bad that the original service location that I used to go to where I bought the car is no longer servicng Chrysler vehicles, and when I bring the car in to another dealer for service work, I have to argue that I deserve to get a loaner, free of charge, regardless of the fact whether I bought the car from that dealer or not.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:54 PM

has anyone changed the spark plugs yet?

Old 01-17-2018, 07:20 PM

yes i have you have to take off the intake and make sure you have a new gasket