Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004 Pacifica problems with heat

Old 03-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Exclamation 2004 Pacifica problems with heat

HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Hello everyone, I have a problem with the heat in my Pacifia! It doesnt shut off at all, my mechanic changed the climate control unit and that was not the problem, he then changed the blower resistor.....that worked for a total of three hours now the heats back on full blast! It doesnt shut off in fact when you power it off the noise gets louder! Please help me someone, my son is asmatic and the heat is causing him complications! Thank you in advance! P.s the dealer who i bought the car from refuses to fix it

Old 03-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

the blower motor resistor is your issue

Old 03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Default Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to respond back! I appreciate it.....but my mechanic changed the resistor and it failed after three hours, then yesterday i took it to an electrician and he told me it was a moduel that i can only get done at Chrysler because it needs to be calibrated! Any info will be greatly appreciated! Again thanks for the response!

Old 03-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Default P.s

Sorry i forgot to also mention that the heat doesnt move from my face, cant change it to the feet area or anything and it also runs high even when the car is off....for about 5 minutes! The ac does work tho just cant put heat or ac on low stays on high all the time! And when i press the off button the fan just gets louder! Again any info will be helpful and appreciated thaks again for your response!

Old 03-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

the blower motor resistor is bad u might have a blower motor that is shorting it out

Old 03-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Default Thank you

Thank you sooooooo much for your help im going to have my mechanic try and install another resistor and if that one fails again i'll know the problem is bigger and just start looking for a new vehicle! Right now i just pulled out the relay so the heat isnt blowing directly at us! Fingers crossed that the resistor i had was just faulty....hehehe thank god for lifetime warrantys at advanced auto! Thanks a bunch for your time and advice! I'll post back and let you know how i make out!

Old 03-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

u want a new car because of this issue????

Old 03-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Default Lol

If its the problem the mechanic said the one that has to be callibrated yes! And the reason why is because i traded my 03 Ford Focus that had no problems and was paid off with only 77k miles on it for this car that has 120k and im making payments of 95 dollars a week! By time im done paying this vehicle i would have paid 15k for this pacifica! I know i made a stupid choice by even getting into this agreement and now im suffering for it! But honestly I have to fill the car up twice a week at 85 dollars a fill up and im also using 89 wich i thought made the gas burn slower but between the gas and all the problems ive had so far i think it might be in my best interest to get another vehicle! Ive only had the car 4 months and already had to change the sway bars, the climate control and now im getting the second resistor put in today! I also had to change the master cylinder for the breaks! But again thanks for responding I enjoy speaking with you, it some how helps with the stress of dealing with the car! Lol Have a good day Kevin and thanks again!

Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

FYI for next time have some one look at the car b4 u buy anything so that why u know what u are getting into and know what u are looking at out of pocket and so on.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:05 PM

Thanks i sure will.........next time i get a car which might be soon, im taking my mechanic with me!! He put in the new resistor and it failed again So my estimated guess is that its the thing that needs to be callibrated! But thanks for all your help Kevin!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 Pacifica problems with heat