Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004 tpms

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Default 2004 tpms

I am have an issue with the tire pressure system. I had one sensor changed because of the service tire system soon displayed. The techs could not get there computer to finish the retrain because the computer would abort the process. This was after all sensors were accepted and the cars horn would honk for accepting the sensors. I just tried lowering the pressure in all tires and the display alternated between 4 tires low and service tire system. So the sensors all work.... What gives? This is an early build since the magnets are required.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

did they program the ID of the sensor to the computer?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 AM

Yes they did, I could see the sensor number load on to the screen but then soon after that the computer aborted the process even thou the horn sounded.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

the sensor might not be compatible with the system aka wrong one

Old 01-03-2012, 10:23 AM

How can I determine that? They did use the vin to order the part, at least I gave it to them. Also why would it register 4 tires low if it's not compatible?

Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 PM

Anyone?

Old 01-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

u cant yourself a dealer would haft to give u the correct part number unless u have the bag it came in u wont be able tot ell unless u took off the sensor that is on the tire now. It more then likely a module issue them if it cant be programed and all 4 are showing low . A dealer would need to take a look at it

Old 01-04-2012, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
u cant yourself a dealer would haft to give u the correct part number unless u have the bag it came in u wont be able tot ell unless u took off the sensor that is on the tire now. It more then likely a module issue them if it cant be programed and all 4 are showing low . A dealer would need to take a look at it
If it was the wrong sensor it should not respond to letting the air out of the tire to show a low tire. I guess no one has the answer to these systems here either because I see quit a few threads with no solutions.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Unless u have a scanner on hand that U can look at certain things yourself there really is not a way to answer this question this is where a trained tech will know what to look for and what would be needed to correct this issue. with the van and scanner in front of them.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:29 PM

A tire shop used the wrong sensor on my PAC. A week later it set off the STSS warning. It trained, it worked if the pressure was too high or too low. But would say STSS on the EVIC. Finally after a few weeks I pushed bac that the stem on the new one was not like the OE sensors. I pressured them to get a different sensor to replace it. They got an aftermarket one that looked like the OE and sure as hell, it worked and the STSS cleared.

Check the stem on the new one to see if it was different than the OE sensors, if so I would push on them to change it with a like one.

Jay

Quick Reply: 2004 tpms