Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 Pacifica wont start

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Default 2005 Pacifica wont start

this morning when taking my wife to work, we went out, started the car, it fired up, loaded everyone in, pulled out of the driveway and it stalled, so i put it in neutral, tried to start it again, wouldn't start, put it in park, started, drove about another 100 ft and it stalled again.

now it will not start no matter what, so i went to my work and got a battery and threw it in, wouldn't fix the problem, so i put my old battery back in.

when you turn the key all the fans and electrical kick on, but the car just wont start, i dont get clicking or trying to turn over or anything, just nothing. thats why i thought it was the battery

one thing i did notice is that the dash says service imobilizer or it, so i went and grabbed my spare key, and tried that, still nothing any different, all the electrical comes on, but no firing, no turning, no cranking, no nothing

hopefully someone knows whats going on

thanks

Old 03-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

u messed up by putting a battery in with out checking the codes first a battery will not make u stall first of all

U will need to take it to a dealer to have this issue resolved with the key issue

Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 AM

we cleaned all the terminals up really good on it and got it to fire, the next morning it did the same thing so i took it to my mechanic and he reset the code for the battery change and its started ever since, BUT it does sometimes no the first turn of the key do the same thing again, you turn the key and nothing at all, then i turn the key again and it fires

any idea what is causing this?

Old 03-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

read my post above

Old 03-21-2011, 09:11 AM

i did, there's nothing wrong with the key (according to the dealer) thats why i was asking on here to see if anyone else had the same problem, but i guess not

we think its the starter now

Old 03-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

a starter has nothing to do with the car stalling what ever caused the car to stall is also the issue to why it wont start. In the currant condition will it not start?
if not let some one with the scan tools look at it ignore anything that the dealer said was not wrong with it b4 U had the no start issue. Take it back to the dealer and have them look at it for the key issue

Old 03-24-2011, 01:16 PM

you're right, wasn't the starter, we've checked all the grounds and power wires, made sure they were all clean, we even added a couple new grounds due to what i've read people saying the need for new grounds.

i'm not the one doing the work on the car as i'm not a mechanic, but i do own a parts store, so parts is not a problem for me, so i'm trying to figure out what it is before sending it to the dealer.

the mechanic said something about he thinks its in the computer, he says there's power going to it, but the power coming out of it is not enough? not sure if thats what he mean, but its just a soft clicking noise (not a starter clicking noise from what i thought it was) its the computer clicking he says

Old 03-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

is there at any time when it wont start a red dot on the dash?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 PM

i dont think so, but i could have missed it, deffintely possible that i missed it

Old 03-24-2011, 09:48 PM

what does the red light mean?

Quick Reply: 2005 Pacifica wont start