Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2006 Pacifica ABS & Brake Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Default 2006 Pacifica ABS & Brake Lights

I have had my 2006 Pacifica in the shop many times trying to figure out the problem. I have had new brakes and shoes put on. Dealer said calipers are fine. The ABS and Brake lights constantly come on and off. When they come on the headlights dim and the radio fades. Mechanics say that there is nothing wrong with the alternator and there are no electrical problems. Please help.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

bad ground and power wire at the battery look on this forum there is a homemade fix for it

Old 03-11-2011, 09:42 PM

The first thing you need to understand......

ABS warnings have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with brake pads or shoes, Only the electro/mechanical workings of the ABS system......I realize they are Called ANTILOCK BRAKES....But in reality, your brakes, and your ABS system are two entirely seperate entities....

Now...For a dealer to diagnose an ABS warning, there would be a Trouble code stored in the CAB....(ABS controller "Module")...so I have no clue as to why they would mention Calipers.....

I would like you to try something......

Sit in your car...and look at the dash..... Then turn the Ignition key "ON" ..but dont strt the car... Now..start the car while paying close attention to the radio, abs, brake and oil lamps....You will notice that this scenario is VERY SIMILAR to what you are describing.
You are losing a MAIN power feed to the vehicles Interior...This may be a short circuit (A wire touching the grounded metal of the frame) a loose ground (Particularly the one at the transmission...in front of the drivers side wheel) a Defective instrument cluster, a defective ignition switch...the list goes on and on......

Find a NEW MECHANIC......

I will NEVER discourage anyone from doing their own work, but a situation like this is way over the head of the daily driving , weekend wrench , general public.....

There is NO MAGIC, VOODOO, POTIONS , or INCANTATIONS associated with Auto repair, it IS rather a logical approach to solving a problem.....Since we are not there with the vehicle and cannot see or touch it...your best course of action is to find someone competent enough to fix your car, with which from the sound of things, you are yet to find......

Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 PM

bad ground and power wire at the battery look on this forum there is a homemade fix for it
CT....Do you happen to remember where you saw it......I looked for it a few weeks ago with no luck...

AMBER....By no means was I trying to "OVERSHOOT" anyone else who posted....He just got in ahead of me...By all means if there is a simple fix, it would be foolish to not at least try it....

Old 03-12-2011, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

I have seen and performed this first had as well the abs lights come on due to low voltage and or amps from green monkey that is built up in the batt cables.
They people designed the open end to make a loop and water will get down the rubber and sit inside the cables and eat away the copper.

https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...lights+flicker

Old 03-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Default Great Info

Thank you so much for the help. That link was very helpful. My husband says he can fix it himself. Thank God, I didn't want to take it in again.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 AM

I had this happen on my Pacifica. It ended up being the tire speed sensor. It was bad which caused the car to think the tire was slidding hence the ABS light came on.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:35 PM

My ABS light just came on, and I'm curious if this has anything to do with the tire sensor which is presently missing from my car. I'm driving around on my spare, because apparently these sensors are backordered, and have not been available since the beginning of the year. I don't like driving without a spare, and have my tire in the back, taking up space. I suggested to the dealer that they put my old tire back on, and he said they could in an ordinary valve, but my light would keep coming on. This is fine, because the light is on now anyway, my concern was that I had no spare. None of this makes a lot of sense to me and I've gotten no where with Chrysler. Now the ABS light comes on inter-mittently, and my dealer said that that is the anti-locking brake system, and has nothing to do with the tire. Does anyone have insight into this?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

abs light and a spare tire on there has nothing to do with each other U will need to have a scanner hooked up to it and see what codes are conning from the abs computer.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:55 AM

I have had this same problem for over a year. I have had it in the dealership several times and still have blinking abs/brake lights with cackling radio shorting in and out. I would really like this problem resolved. It seems too many of these vehicles have the same problem for it not to be a concern or known to Chrysler. Can anyone help?

Quick Reply: 2006 Pacifica ABS & Brake Lights