Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2006 Pacifica electrical nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 05:49 AM
Default 2006 Pacifica electrical nightmare

I have an '06 with 150k on it. Never had any problems until now. For the past week, for no particular reason, all gauges will start going crazy, all the warning lights will come on, high beams won't work, interior lights won't work, radio and heater quit and it won't come out of park. It only did it intermintantly and now it does it constantly. If you out it in gear as soon as you start it now, you can still drive it but it has the above problems. Battery tests good as does the alternator. All wiring looks good that I can see and I haven't found any corrosion anywhere. I added a second ground wire from battery to transmission as well as a second power wire from battery to fuse box with no results. All grounds look good. The last few days we have found the he get and radio will come back on when you open a door which seems really strange. I'm mechanically inclined and have put about 10 hours into it. I'm not willing to just throw parts at it without some good advice. Local dealer says they have only

Old 04-03-2015, 05:51 AM

Local dealer says they have only seen this twice and it took them 9 hours to diagnose one of those and it was broken wires. I can do that myself without paying dealership labor rates. Has anyone had a similar experience and what was the outcome. Pretty discouraged when dealer told me to put it on Craigslist.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:54 AM
Default More info

Removing the BCM fuse gets the crazy fuse box ticking to stop but overall problem persists. Only showing 2 codes. I don't recall exactly what they were but one was for signal loss to fuel tank and the other was for intake metering. I believe those are a result and not a cause.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:50 PM

sure sounds like a bad ground. Mine would do that. it was a bad ground connection at the battery. put a lock washer on and it solved it. my gauges would freak out and warning lights would come on and no start.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:52 PM

as far as getting out of park, you need to read about the pink plastic piece in the gear shift assy. They eventually all break, and it won't come out of park at all.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:54 PM

It will come out of park but not after all the issues start up. The interlock is just doing it's job. As car as the ground, I would agree it sounds that way but I can't find a bad one yet.

Old 04-04-2015, 02:10 AM
Old 04-04-2015, 02:24 AM
Default posting ??????????

please post this link for others in need i cant figure out just how to do so.

http://repairloader.com/get/20150403...cafsm04-07.pdf

Old 04-04-2015, 07:32 AM

I've tried several times over the last 4 hours to open that page but I can't open it.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:57 AM

I was able to open it on my laptop. Apparently, my iPhone doesn't like a 3600 page document. Looks like that has everything in it. Thanks you so much! That is great!

Quick Reply: 2006 Pacifica electrical nightmare