Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2006 Pacifica Touring battery light

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 09:57 AM
Unhappy 2006 Pacifica Touring battery light

About a week and a half ago, my battery light came on while driving. When the vehicle was turned off and restarted, it did not come back on until after it had been driven for a little while. My husband checked the battery terminals and could find nothing wrong. I drove the vehicle for about a week with no more issues. A couple days ago, the light came on again while driving. I had run into CVS and left the vehicle running because my daughter and kids were in it. A couple minutes later my daughter called and said the vehicle appeared to be trying to stall out, so she turned it off. When I came out, it wouldn't start. My son came and gave us a jump start but as I was backing out, it died again. He then hooked the jumper cables up again and we waited about 10 minutes, then tried again. It started fine and I drove it to advance. They checked battery, alternator and starter and all were fine. The next day my husband took the vehicle to the dealership and they could not get the issue to duplicate and their diagnostics came up with no issues. Now 3 days later as I was driving to work, the battery light came on again. At that point I turned off my headlights, radio and A/C but then had to turn on fog lights due to foggy conditions. After a few minutes, my ABS light came on and the I could feel the vehicle losing speed which I figured out was because the transmission downshifted to first. I pulled over onto the shoulder and shut the fog lights off. After about 30 seconds, the ABS light turned off and I was able to make it to work. When I got to work, I turned the vehicle off and then restarted it. The battery light did not turn back on. I will have to see what happens on my way home but I am nervous because it's 19 miles away and I have to either drive over a bridge or go through a tunnel. I don't want to be broken down at either.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:00 AM

My headlights also turn off while driving at night. This happens intermittently when they are on auto.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

"my battery light came on while driving."
Your alternator is not charging up more than 12volts it will need to be replaced.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
"my battery light came on while driving."
Your alternator is not charging up more than 12volts it will need to be replaced.
I agree. I would try reading your alternator with a load on it and see how many amps it is putting out. If it's not putting out more than 12v~ then it's not generating enough power to charge your battery and operate your vehicle.