Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2007 PACIFICA Touring clockspring

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 12:21 PM
Default 2007 PACIFICA Touring clockspring

Hi Everyone! New to the forum and hoping to learn some new information..
My 2007 Pacifica recently started showing the Traction Control and ESP lights. I scanned at Autozone and was told the Steering Angle sensor was throwing a code. From my research, that sensor is part of the clockspring under the steering wheel air bag. I found a replacement clockspring, but it's not correcting the issue. Does the clockspring have to be programmed?

Old 07-27-2022, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by ThomasB
Hi Everyone! New to the forum and hoping to learn some new information..
My 2007 Pacifica recently started showing the Traction Control and ESP lights. I scanned at Autozone and was told the Steering Angle sensor was throwing a code. From my research, that sensor is part of the clockspring under the steering wheel air bag. I found a replacement clockspring, but it's not correcting the issue. Does the clockspring have to be programmed?
I'm in this situation myself with a 2007 Pacifica Limited. ESP/BAS & traction control lights are on. I haven't scanned it yet, but I suspect it is the steering angle sensor.

From what I've researched, the angle sensor is integral to the clockspring. and yes, the new sensor will have to be calibrated. This used to be a dealer only item, but I'm pretty sure any decent bi-directional scan tool can perform the function. I plan on investing in one, the cost for the scan tool will be less than to have this service/repair done at the dealer.

If I might ask, was the clockspring replacement difficult? I've never replaced one and am a bit apprehensive working around the steering column / airbag stuff. If you have any tips or a how-to, it would be most appreciated!