Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2017 pacifica engine mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 07:28 AM
Default 2017 pacifica engine mounts

Hello,
I have a 2017 pacifica and the dealer says I have to replace them. I have only 38,000 miles on my car and only have the 5year/60,000 power train warranty left on the vehicle. Are engine mounts covered by the power train warranty since they are part of the engine?

Old 05-01-2023, 02:14 PM

Dealer says it’s not covered by warranty and that it costs $2000 to replace them. I had called Chrysler Care and asked about it, at first they said they would try to do it under “Goodwill” but later they said they will not be covering it because it’s a wear item. I just got back my vehicle less than a month ago because my head gaskets needed to be replaced, coolant was leaking into the engine causing my car to misfire. I get back my vehicle, drive it for a few days and then there was a big jolt to my car when I tried to go, like it was hard to get into gear, it happens ever so often. So, I take it back to the dealer, they checked the transmission and everything, they said everything seemed to be fine except the engine mounts needs to be replaced. I had read that engine mounts don’t usually need to be replaced until 80,000 to 100,000 miles. So that’s where I am at now. Chrysler, I thought would be better than this but this left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I WOULD NEVER BUY A CHRYSLER VEHICLE AGAIN!!!!

I hope no one experience these problems with their Chrysler

Old 05-01-2023, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dsl916
Dealer says it’s not covered by warranty and that it costs $2000 to replace them. I had called Chrysler Care and asked about it, at first they said they would try to do it under “Goodwill” but later they said they will not be covering it because it’s a wear item. I just got back my vehicle less than a month ago because my head gaskets needed to be replaced, coolant was leaking into the engine causing my car to misfire. I get back my vehicle, drive it for a few days and then there was a big jolt to my car when I tried to go, like it was hard to get into gear, it happens ever so often. So, I take it back to the dealer, they checked the transmission and everything, they said everything seemed to be fine except the engine mounts needs to be replaced. I had read that engine mounts don’t usually need to be replaced until 80,000 to 100,000 miles. So that’s where I am at now. Chrysler, I thought would be better than this but this left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I WOULD NEVER BUY A CHRYSLER VEHICLE AGAIN!!!!

I hope no one experience these problems with their Chrysler
I would expect the motor mounts to be covered by the extended powertrain warranty as it is part of the engine, but with a 2017 aren't you past the 5 year portion of this warranty by now? The manual should have limitations. Yes I am another that will not by a Chrysler again, not that there are many options at this point, or Dodge or .....

Old 05-04-2023, 09:57 PM

I purchased the vehicle brand new in 2019 so I am covered under the power train warranty. But they say it’s a wear item which is not covered