Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

4.0 btsi help!?

Old 10-02-2017, 10:24 PM
Default 4.0 btsi help!?

I own a2007 Pacifica 4.0 awd. Two months back I got stuck in park. The guys on the 300 forum walked me through the removal of my gear shift mechanism. I found a loose spring and a broken hook on my pinknthingy. I hear This piece is a well known issue amongst Chrysler owners and techs. So I fixed it. But I'm still stuck in park. I've given myself tennis elbow changing gears by pulling on my cable. Look, I know just like the 300 guys said, I should go to my dealer. But please y'all. I'm just a grandma out here alone with a six year old granddaughter I'm raising on a fixed income. If I could afford to I'd have been at my dealer immediately. So heres one last shot at finding someone able to solve my mystery. I find it hard to believe that two things broke on the same day. So why did I fix my pink thing problem and its still stuck in park. Here's some clues. My brake lights work. My fuses look good but I only know how to check the small 2 prong regular ones. Oddly my wheel won't lock. Now it gets really hard to move the wheel when key is turned all the way but it doesn't completely lock. I took my lock clip off and let it readjust so that's good. If I reach down and push in on the back of my lockout(where the orange spring is) my gearshift moves smoothly, so I know its not my gearshift mechanism. So I'm told to unplug the power to my btsi.and that its behind my ignition, another one said no its in my steering column , and another one said no its behind the panel under your steering column. I started there and run in to something no one had mentioned, a knee bolster air bag! When I press my brake I can hear the click in my gearshift like I'm supposed to. So I know that when I press the brake with the key on, safety feature weighs the driver seat occupant before it sends power to my btsi to release my shifter from park. Could this be the culprit? Or one of the black square things in my fuse box. Nowhere online can I find which fuse works this thing. Help please. I'm still lost as a fruitbat.