Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

6-seat -> 5 seat ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Default 6-seat -> 5 seat ?

Hello!
I'd like to buy used Pacifica (~2006), but I want to have 5-seat version. The problem is that all 5-seat cars I've seen, had very poor features. I'd like to buy Pacifica with automatic air condition, leather, computer (MPG, etc...) and rear camera. So the question is, if I will find 6-seat Pacifica, can I somehow replace second seat row to 3 seats ?
best regards
Jarek

Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Default RE: 6-seat -> 5 seat ?

Been working on this for about year and a half for my 04. Problem is finding a used bench. I inquired at a local dealer for the seat new. They quoted me $600 just for the head rests.[:@] You also need to remove the a/c heat ducting and cap it off at the front console. The mount is the same at the front of the seat but the rear of the seat has a cross mounting bar that needs to be cut shorter and some how affixed to the floor. The reason I say cut is if you don't want to cut the trim panels on each end.. which I don't. The 5 seater has different trim panels and the rear mount bar rests on the fender type well I believe. One problem for my method is the fuel tank is right under the middle row so drilling through the floor is complicated. Is it plug and play? NO. Can it be done.... Maybe..... if you are crafty and can secure the seat safely.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:57 AM

I bought the baseline AWD & just worked on updating it. So far I've added, fog lights, moon roof, cargo mat, upgraded floor mats, Self dimming RVM.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:24 PM

Good idea, but how to upgrade manual air condition to auto ? I've now 300M, and I like it so much! I don't want to buy newer car with less features...

Old 05-08-2008, 04:51 PM

Frankly, I don;t think it would be worth it. Don't know if wiring is there, sometimes the air distribution box needs to be replaced for dual zones etc. Your best bet is to buy the are with all the features and fix the seat some how for the bench

Old 06-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Default 5-seats > 6-seats

Has anyone tried to convert from a 5-seater to a 6-seater?

Old 06-01-2009, 02:07 PM

Have you looked under the carpet to see if the cutouts are there for the folding seats to catch on to? There should be 2 on each side near the back of the bench under the carpet if they are there. The bolts on the front of the bench 2 on each side (at the floor) should line up with the bolt holes on each of the bucket seats but you better measure. I can't speak for the 3rd row. There maybe be some who have done it.