Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

accessories stay on with key removed, reinstall key

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Default accessories stay on with key removed, reinstall key

I searched this a few months ago, didn't have time to diagnose, now I can't find the troubleshooting tip I found previously. I searched here and googled.

Here is the scenerio:
Repeatedly we have experienced on our 05 Touring Pacifica (no navigation system, no electronic rear hatch, no dvd system) that when we remove the key the accesories stay on, chimes when door open with key removed, battery just dead enough the next morning that car won't start, starts right up when I jump it. We quickly learned to reinsert the key and start the car and turn back off and make sure everything turned off and the chime is not on when key removed and door open.

I am going to try and trace draw issue by measuring amp draw at fuse box with ignition off and key removed. The troubleshooting I found previously had to do with a short that often occurs in the wiring that runs along the drivers side front and rear seats. If I remember correctly it was wiring related to BCM. I have removed the door trim in front and back and wiring seems in good condition (no chaffing or raw wires). I am looking for connectors that look bad.

Any help would be appreciated.