Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Aftermarket LCD for DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Default Aftermarket LCD for DVD player

I have a 2004 pacifica with a 6 disk DVD player, but it does not have the LCD screen mounted on the roof. I want to add this, but I do not want to pay $400 for the small screen. I want to purchase a flip down screen, but I am conserned about connecting it to the DVD player. I know if I purchase the OEM screen it will come with everything I need.

I am very comfortable installing this myselft, but I want to make sure I have everything before I start.

What is needed if I want to install an after market screen and where can I purchase the equipment? Here is the screen I am possibly going to purchase which is a 10.4inch screen instead of the oem 7 inch:
http://gooddeals18.com/product/GX1134?meta=FRG

Old 07-17-2007, 08:00 AM
Default RE: Aftermarket LCD for DVD player

You will need the wiring harness which is very expensive and if you want to hook up a screen that's not Chrysler you will have to splice into it which can be very difficult. If I was you I would just go with the Chrysler kit to save yourself a lot of trouble and money unless you know how to splice into the harness. As it is you will have to cut into the headliner and remove a few pieces of trim from the DVD player to the where the screen goes. I believe that they sell kits for people who have the DVD player but not the screen on Ebay for like $300 or so. I may be wrong on the price but search for it on Ebay and see what you come up with. Good luck with your project.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:20 AM

I saw the kits you were talking about, but I also so after market screens that came with wire harnesses that would connect the aftermarket screen to the dvd player. I contacted someone that was selling one, but he wouldn't give me a part number or a source other than him to purchase it from which I can respect....it's business.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:16 PM

I'm not too sure about that. I'm in the process right now (or been in the process) of installing headrest monitors. I bought them from crutchfield and they look soooo nice. I have a dual dvd headunit, but have yet to install due to the complicated wiring system. No wiring harness exist for the 2004 pac with amp. So think twice before you decide something.