Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

All new entertainment system

Old 04-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Default All new entertainment system

Just traded the 2004 Pac , loaded , for a 2008. went from expired warranty and bad transfer case to lifetime warranty bumper to bumper. The old one had uconnect, sirius, Nav, rear seat video, the works. The new one had Everything except nav, rear dvd, and uconnect. That is how I would have ordered it. The other system had 2 major flaws, no ipod support and no title and artist on radio for sirius.

I installed a double din touch and tilt screen Kenwood head unit. Use the 02 adaptor from Crutchfeild to keep the amp and speakers. Also got their steering wheel button to Kenwood interface. Installed rear view camera. Used the Kenwood KNAG510 nav unit. Also installed the BT200 bluetooth unit. And of course the Kenwood sirius system. I put the sirius tuner in the trunk in place of the factory tuner. I was even able to use the factory sirius antenna with the new tuner, uses the same connector. I took out the factory CD changer and bought the plastic storage bin that goes in its place when the changer is not installed.

It took a little careful sheet metal bracket fabrication to make mounting ears to locate the new radio corectly in the dash but the factory opening is exactly the height of a double din radio. Had to cut out some of the interior brackets for the rear of the new radio to slid in. I left all of the old connectors for all of the old radio stuff intact. I could literally plug and play and put the factory stuff back in in a very short time. I use a single din head unit plastic conversion piece and cut it to just leave the side pieces to close the two sides up.

This really works and looks great. That large 7 inch touch screen is really cool looking and working. The ipod adaptor is really great. works on audio and video. I cut a hold in the plastic pocket that goes where the DVD changer was and ran the cable out there. Plug in an ipod or iPhone. Title, artist, cover art from album, all on the head unit screen. Plays the video two. I left the rear seat AV inputs and outputs for a future addition of in headreat rear seat units.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Default RE: All new entertainment system

Sounds like a great system and install. As I say to all who leave in the factory speakers: Factory speakers are usually the worst part of a factory system and not replacing them when you do such an install is kind of ridiculous (my opinion). Putting all that money into a system and not getting better sound quality seems like a waste. Even though it sounds like you're gaining much with this install, I would highly recommend changing out those sub par paper coned, 2 ohm speakers. I have changed mine and kept the factory radio and wow what a difference. The factory speakers sound decent but really can't hold any strong wattage and eventually will degrade and vibrate. I think that your new system sounds great, just think how much better with new speakers. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:28 PM

Speakers and rear seat video monitors are on the list. Amp replacment would be a bitch due to size constraints. Besides that My golden ears hate the sound of all transistor power amps, crossover distortion, clipping and rail sticking, etc. Now If I could fine the power and space to put in 7 all tube ultra linear 70 watt monoblocks like my home theater system, That would be real sweet.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:43 PM

jlefevre1,
Can you post some pics?