Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Default Brake Pads

looking into find out what brake pads are the best to use for a pacifica. i was gonna put hawk pads on but it seems they only sell them for the front. should i do hawk in the front and something else in rear for find a set to do all 4. i emailed hawk to see if they sell rear pads. any suggestions ?

Old 11-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Default RE: Brake Pads

i would go with a ceramic pad very little brake dust wheels would stay a lot cleaner their are a lot of
brands out their

Old 11-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Front pads will generally wear down quicker, so you COULD go with different brands for front and back. I have ferro-carbon Hawk's on my current vehicle (1999 Olds Aurora) with drilled & slotted brake rotors and it's a great combo. I bought the rotors from "RaceConcepts", a brake parts seller on eBay - not sure if they have Pacifica parts or not, but if I end up buying a Pac I'll certainly be checking back with them.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:22 PM

never tried ferro-carbon hawks are they dust free i like to keep my wheels clean

Old 11-09-2008, 07:33 PM

Not dust-free, but lower dusting than standard pads I believe. When I have polished my chrome wheels, the dust came off quite easily with standard Mother's car wax. Works great for chrome. Ferro-carbons supposedly have better stopping power overall and better longevity than ceramics.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 PM

hate break dust i am a clean freak will settle lower mil on my pads have had no problems on stopping power

Old 11-10-2008, 03:51 PM

Will the ferro carbons or ceramics wear the rotors out faster? I need to buy some too for the fronts on my PAC and also my Town and country. The T&C is a true dust generator but these are not factory pads.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:53 PM

Not that I'm aware of. I'm no brake expert, but rotor wear should be more affected by braking style (i.e. "stomping" on brakes all the time will warp rotors) and environmental conditions than the type of pad used.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:03 PM

I ask because in a differet car.. VW bug, I put some very ferrous shoesin the rear and they wore into the drums so bad, I could not get the drums off without adjusting the adjusters all the way in. (don't remember what theywere called and this was manyyears ago).Not apples and applescomparison (rotors)but a hunk a metal with some type of material pressing against it.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:48 PM

I believe that modern ferro-carbon pads are a fairly new design and generally consider higher performance than standard pads... I certainly have not had any problems like you describe, and I know of many others with the same Hawk HPS pads I have with no reports of rotor problems.

Quick Reply: Brake Pads