Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Chrysler Pacifica reliability

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Default Chrysler Pacifica reliability

I have no idea about reliability but they are good looking and I suggest you get the monster that is the SRT-8 version wicked fast car. Hopefully someone else can give you more insight.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:49 AM

I just bought a 2004 chrysler Pacifica in July 06. So far I am not very happy at all with it with in the past 3 month my power seats quite working and so did the adjustable pedles and all my gages in the instrument panel started bouncing. Now yesterday the car wouldn't start at all till I reset the system by taking off the battery cables. If I had a chance I wouldn't buy another.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:41 AM

The 3.5-liter V6 engine has been used in numerous vehicles over the last several years and we've always found it a competent performer,if not a class leader.In this application,it generates 250 horsepower and is matched to a four-speed automatic transmission.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Banned

We have updated results for the Chrysler Pacifica to include owner experiences through September 30, 2009. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2007: 106, worse than average, largely thanks to the new transmission

2006: 79, about average

2005: 110, about average

2004: 165, worse than average.

Sample sizes were small for all four years, but some are now close to the minimum for a full result.

A big thanks to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Chrysler Pacifica reliability comparisons

Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Default Chrysler Pacifica reliability

I have no idea about reliability but they are good looking and I suggest you get the monster that is the SRT-8 version wicked fast car. Hopefully someone else can give you more insight.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Banned

193 Pacifica owners now signed up. A good start, but more are needed to provide precise results for all model years.

Car reliability research

Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Default Battery Issues

We have a 2005 Pacifica Limited that had a battery fail in February 2007 - bad cell. The Chrysler dealer put in a replacement MOPAR battery under warranty, no charge. It carried an 18 month replacement and was 600 CCA so I'm assuming it was not a particularly good battery and i didn't have high expectations for it. That battery just failed, had it tested before replacing it.

I didn't want to bother with dealer to get a "pro-rated" credit on another mediocre battery so I replaced it with a Duralast Gold, which carries a 3 year full replacement and 8 year pro-rated warranty, plus it is 800 CCA rather than the 600 that the dealer supplied.

I'm not sure whether Chyrsler supplies "run of the mill" batteries by practice, or whether they consciously supply "run of the mill" batteries as warranty replacements, but to me, it's preferable to have a reliable battery, even if it costs a few extra dollars.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Banned

It's hard to say what kills batteries, so I don't include them in the reliability stats. Another reason: they're often replaced with non-OEM batteries.

Updated results later this month. A few additional participants per year would be very helpful.

For the details, and to sign up to help:

Car reliability research

Old 02-26-2010, 11:00 PM

Man after reading this I'm starting to wonder if I should bother with the 2006 Pacifica Limited AWD I'm looking at

Old 03-11-2010, 04:33 PM

I have a 07 touring AWD and i live in alaska where we need AWD, we bought the pacifica new and have had a couple issues.
Issue 1
The front driver door speaker rattled alot when listening to stereo. I will say the the dealer (anchorage dodge chrysler on fifth ave) was to blame for the repeated visits and not the pacifica. I had to take it back 3 times because the did not fix and finally just told me it is what it is..... i will never ever recomend that dealer.

Issue 2-
The tranny developed a leak, not sure where and one of the rear axle seals lwas leaking. I knew about tranny leak but not ale seal. Lithia chrysler/dodge fixed it up in no time and was very thorough. And 2 tire sensors were bad. They dont seem to last very long.

Other than that we love the pacifica, i do realize i shouldnt have got the light tan leather.... its been hard to keep looking new.
IT IS THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER DRIVEN IN THE SNOW!!!!!!!!
I have driven ecerything from humvees to big trucks and nothing comes close!!!

Quick Reply: Chrysler Pacifica reliability