Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Clunk clunk goes the front end

Old 04-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Default Clunk clunk goes the front end

'04 Pacifica
So I've replaced every bushing and link in the front end (one at a time, here and there) and all is well for about 10K miles, then it repeats the cycle.

Where can I get better grade bushings so this doesn't keep happening?

Thanks!

Old 04-21-2011, 07:37 PM

Our 05 had a clunk - especially when turning. Diagnosed as the PTU (transfer case). About $2K. Luckily dealer covered it.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:17 PM

Go to your local dealer and order the specified bushings. There will be a plastic insert in the bushing that MUST be installed on the sway bar with the bushings...

The clamps can be a bear to tighten...so make sure you are patient, and that they are properly and evenly tightened.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by BenjaminA
'04 Pacifica
So I've replaced every bushing and link in the front end (one at a time, here and there) and all is well for about 10K miles, then it repeats the cycle.

Thanks!
Ok, so using the info provided in another thread I was able to source aftermarket polyurethane bushings made by Energy Suspension. These are not direct fit but they bolt on with the new brackets that are included with the kit.

The part number is 9.5169R. the bracket needs a slight modification, I cut one one of the bolt slots straight through to match how the factory bracket was. This makes it easier for install and to make sure the bolts are straight for the reinstall. You do not want to cross thread the nut in the engine cradle, the slots on the new bracket are right at the limit of the bolt holes. Also you will need to put something around the stabilizer bar to keep it from moving as the new bushings are narrower. I used industrial zip ties.

Any questions just post back, I am subscribed to is thread and get an email when there is a post.

The car handles like it is on rails now. no waddling going down the road or clunking.

Jay