Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Daytime running lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Default Daytime running lights

I want to install aftermarket daytime running light module on my 2007 Pac. Touring, it only takes 3 wires, ground, hot when ignition is on and low beam. Where and how is the easiest way to connect to the low beams?
I will probably get remarks about DTR's, But I WANT them.
Thanks, Fang

Old 04-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Default RE: Daytime running lights

You may want to check this prior post. Appears others have just had the country code changed in the computer ( Canada ) and the daytime light function is then turned on.

https://www.chryslerforum.com/m_14034/tm.htm

Old 04-04-2008, 04:26 PM

Know what? I never did get the running lights turned on. My dealer in Sioux Falls, SDcould not get the job done. Had three techs working on it. [8D]

Old 04-04-2008, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, but the dealer has had it in the shop several times and could not get them on.
Fang

Old 04-04-2008, 04:29 PM

OK.... but explain why you need to hook DDLs to the low beams? So they go out when the headlights are on .... or are the lowbeams what you're using for the Driving lights?

And I gotta confess I recently got fascinated by all the LED lights being used today. I put 4" diameter (60 LED diodes ) lights in the front (amber) as running lights and in the back attached to the trailer hitch as turn & brake lightson a 1985 Chevy work Van.They are BRIGHT and run on milliamps.

Every time I look at the Pacifica I try to figure a way to put on a set of LEDs.... they could just be wired to an ignition source. I haven't found a way yet because there is so little in the front grill area to attach onto.

I also installed the third brake light flasher in the Pacifica .... and thatis something for you to think about as well for safety.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:45 PM

Sarg: The particular module that I am looking at is set up to hook to the low beams, it is the simplest one that I have seen.
There are quite aa few on the market, some even use the turn signals for the daytime lamps and require a lot of cutting and splicing wires.
I have been leaving the headlights on and they time out in about 2 1/2 minutes, the only problem with that is people are always hollering that I left my lights on. That way I also have tail lights on too.
I love the Pac but I prefer the GM system for the lights, heck I still have a 1999 Silverado H.D. 3/4 ton. You just get in and start it up and if it is dark the lights come on, you don't have to fool around with light switch.
Fang

Old 04-06-2008, 08:35 PM

i thought that on 07s you can use your amber signal lights as the DRLs.i have an 05 touring and 1 dealer said they could not do it second one did it in 3 mins.i love the feature.i've seen some 07-08s with the amber lights on as bright as my DRLs.if they have it than you should be able to have them turned on.you might have to use a different dealer for that though.good luck

Old 04-07-2008, 05:08 PM

I would be happy to use the turn signals instead of the low beams, one of the aftermarket kits uses them but requires a lot of cutting and splicing.
Unfortunately the nearest other dealer is a couple hundred miles away.
Fang

Old 04-08-2008, 09:36 AM

Canada has a regulation requiring daytime runing lights on all new vehicles.
Any DRB handheld,which mostservice shops have,can be connected to the Pacifica under the driver side dash.

If the country code is changed to Canada the daytime running lights are activated. Nothing else is affected.

Eariler Pacificas had the high beam headlight at about 1/2 power being used as DRL's. When activating a turnsignal, the opposite DRL would extinguish.

Later Pacificas seem to be using the amber turn signal lights for DRL's.

Regardless, changing the country code will activate the daytime running lights.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:58 PM

when i tried to have mine turned on at the first dealer they said if they changed the country code to Canada everything will convert to metrics.even i said go ahead they would not do it so i went to another dealer 11 miles away and they turned it on in 3 mins.first dealer wanted to charge me $36 to hook the scanner but thesecond delaer did not charge me anything.been going to this dealer since then.very happy with them.i need to get my pac fully inspected before i take it over to England so i'll pay a visit to the soon again.but the dealer you go to should be able to turn it on in3 mins(if they know howto use the scanner)[8D]

Quick Reply: Daytime running lights