Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Discount Tire destroyed Tire Pres Sen. Dealer retrain TPS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Default Discount Tire destroyed Tire Pres Sen. Dealer retrain TPS?

Discount Tire destroyed a TPS when mounting new tires. They ordered a new one. Questions is, will I have to take it to a dealer to retrain the sensor, or by some stretch of the imagination will Dis.Tire know what to do. I did a search on TPS and see that a few ordered a magnet and did it yourself, but others say that usually does not work and a trip to dealer is needed. Thanks from a new member (original owner of 04)

Old 06-15-2009, 09:15 AM

Either they fix it or they pay to get it fixed. That's what Small Claims Court is for. You can be sure they are quite aware of that and will be happy to get it properly taken care of.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:15 PM

Personally, I wouldn't let them do the repairs. Instead I would speak to the Manager and tell him you want them to pay the dealership for the required repairs.

Years ago, I had an oil change done on my Jeep at Jiffy Lube. When I returned for them for the next oil change they advised me that the screws for the oil pan were stripped and they were unable to complete the oil change. I advised them that they were the ones that performed the previous oil change and thus were the ones who stripped the screws. I called the regional office and explained the situation. I took the Jeep to the dealership to have the repairs done and Jiffy Lube paid for it.. if course that was the last time I went back to Jiffy Lube for an oil change.