Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

DVD sound to Headphone problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Default DVD sound to Headphone problem

I have an '06 Pacifica with the factory 6-disk DVD changer, but no overhead monitor.

Do you need the factory monitor or a compatible monitor to use the wireless headphones (is the transmitter in the radio/dvd system in the dash or is it in the overhead monitor?)?

I have tried running both a CD and a DVD in the DVD changer to see if the rear seat passenger could listen to music with the wireless headphone while I listen to the radio on the car's speakers. I activated the headphone button on the remote and noticed that the headphone symbol was activated on the radio. My understanding is that this should cause the DVD player audio output be sent to the headphones, but the sound never switched from the car speakers to the headphones (The sound came out of the car's speakers, but not out of the headphones). The headphone symbol was on and I used new batteries in a new headphone set.

I bought the headphones last week from a local Chrysler dealersip's parts department (part number was 5064037AA).

I understand from reading various forums that there may be 2 different headphone types for this year. Is this true? If only one type of headphone is specified for the vehicle, is this part number the correct headphone or how can I find out?

Can anyone explain the logic behind the radio/DVD setup & wiring?

Old 01-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: DVD sound to Headphone problem

u will need to get the over head it comes with the headphones which are infared and are used through the over head. The ones u get with out the over head u will haft to have the radio for the wireless headphones. The radio has the transmiter built in and so one and so forth. A Pac has the 6 disk cd changer in the lower half which is a standalone unit.
If u want headphones with dvd get the over head and u will have what u want.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:55 PM

We have an 04 with the DVD player and the overhead monitor. In order to get the headphones to work, activate the headphones and when the headphone icon displays in the radio, press the AM/FM button. This should move the sound from the CD player to the headphones. You should then be able to listen to anything else on the speakers.

I hope this helps.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:25 PM

I just tried your suggestion and it didn't work. I have three sets of headphones – one of them brand new from the dealership – and all with new batteries. None of them will switch from glowing red to green and start getting the audio signal. Is there another extra step I'm missing that's not in the manual?

Old 10-19-2007, 12:54 PM
moe

i do beleive chrysler tech is right on the money!! hey tech thanks for the super tech under my avitar!! you rock!!