Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Heated Seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Default Heated Seat issue

2004 PAC at the dealer for this issue memory mirror problem.

They fixed the sagging dash andsay the mirrors work perfect.

The heated seats used to get pretty warm, now they don't.. as if the high setting does not work. They said they test OK.. that 86 deg. is plenty hot and that is what they read. Sometiomes we have to set them on low first for a few minutes and then high or they don't come on. Even when we do this, it feel like they are on low when set to high.

As for the mirrros, they fall short of their destination every time when we go from setting 1 to 2 and back . I have had it in for this before and they claimed they had to replace the mirrors and they were on back order. They never called me back when they came in.

Anyone have any input on the heated seats?? (Chyrsler Tech?)I have to go there tomrorow to demonstrate the mirror and front end problems and to show them how good the rear seat heater works compared to the fronts.

Thanks
Ramon

Old 04-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Heated Seat issue

yeah i do tell them to ahve a look at tsb 08-012-06 REV. A for this

MODELS:
2004 - 2006 (CS) Pacifica
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after January 19, 2004 (MDH
0119XX) through and including February 12, 2006 (MDH 0212XX).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The front power memory, heated seats and/or adjustable pedals may exhibit any one or
more of the following Symptom/Conditions:
ยท Heated seats do not get warm enough
ยท Become non-responsive (lock up) due to a software issue in the Memory Heated
Seat Adjustable Pedal Module
ยท Become inoperative due to a spread electrical terminal in the IPM
ยท Become inoperative due to electrostatic discharge causing the Memory Heated Seat
Adjustable Pedal Module to stop functioning

Old 04-18-2007, 03:05 AM

Thanks my tech friend. I had seen a TSB for the seats but I thought it was just for thememory seat position for cloth seats. Mine are the leather and I believe the car was a late build, march of 04. I will show it to them tomorrow. Thanks a bunch. Any info on the memory mirrors?? This feature has not worked right since new and it seems to be a common problem with many PAC's

Ramon

Old 04-18-2007, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

the flash is for the same controler that tells the mirrors,seats,heat,and memory what to do.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:52 AM

You gotta love those all inclusive boxes. Thanks again. I'll report back when I get the car back.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:53 PM

Hi Chryslertech,
I visited the dealer this morning and when you start questioning how they fix things and even mention a TSB, they balk and claim TSB is the first thing they check. This is the service writer. The tech and I took a ride and I showed him how the mirrors don't return to the correct set postions. He says he will replace the mirrors. I explained to him that the driver mirror was already replaced and did not solve the problem. My guess is he will still replace the mirrors. You woud think that if both mirrors exibit a problem, it's not the mirrors... unles the mirrors were designed wrong.

As for the heated seats, we turned them on for our ride (we were trying to listen for suspension noises that have now disappeard) he said his was really hot, but mine was not. We used to have to turn the seats down to low becasue they got so warm. We don't have to do this anymore. Sometimes though they do get really hot but not that often. He explained that the heat elements get their signal PWM of which I am familiar since I deal with this in my work. The elements must be bad so he will change them, since all other memory funtions work ok for pedals and seat position.

I don't understand why the problem can not be diagnosed and parts are always replaced to solve a problem. He did not seem to think the TSB you gave me will do anything since my seats are leather. I assume the TSB is a re-flash of some sort of which I think he isnot going to do. Is a re-flash such a big deal?? He seems like a nice guy and I am giving him and his writer a chance before I go to the Service manager. This sure can be frusrtating.

Thanks
Ramon

Old 04-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

alright lets see where to start. If both mirror were defective that would be like a 1 in a 1000 chance and that would be right out of the factory. Both mirrors doing the same thing at the same time haaa NO. As for the PWM yeah that are big deal a bunch of things are controled that way like lights in and out dash stuff signals to and from computers. U should ask the tech were does the PWM come from humm The Heated Seat Moduleis were. where oooo geee thats the flash from the tsb or in simple trems a software update for the computer. To update a computer takes 5 min of work the DRB does the rest no big deal at all I do it all day long,I would rather flash a car instead of replacing a part ne day. Last thing have u ever seen heated seats that were NOT LEATHER?? Not me or atleast not ones that some one asked for from the factory or aftermarket geee some people. Let them do what they want then go back ( sorry ) and get them to flash the HSM.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Thanks buddy, maybe they are thinking that the memory problem for the seats is only the non leather seats. Your right, I have never seen a cloth heated seat unless it was added aftermarket. I'll keep on them for the flash. I just hate it when parts are thrown at a problem instead of solving the problem. This is just a flash and not adding a ground strap??

Have you ever seen or heard of the memory mirror problem?? I have seen on other forums that a lot of people have problems with the mirrros... more so than the heated seat, memory seat problem. This has been going on for 3 years and chysler either says there is no problem or says there is no fix. I have taken it to 2 dealers and they claim there is no mirror problems and that mine werk just fine. They seem amazed evertime I show them that they don't work correctly.

Ramon

Old 04-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

no there is no ground strap for that computer its inside and self grounded to the body through grounds. U only need a strap when something makes static electricty like moving parts cloth or fluid with acid in them like coolant.I have seen some probs with mirrors but not that many most of them have been the module iself where they dont work at all and other stuff as well.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:44 PM

Again, Thanks for all your help here.
The dealer just called and they are going to replace the "All inclusive module". Mine is Rev AA nd the new one is AG. 2 weeks to get it so I will report back after they replace it. Is this plug and play or will they have to flash the new one or is it pre-loaded?? And they say it is one module for both left and right front seats/mirros/ peals, etc. You agree??

Ramon

Quick Reply: Heated Seat issue