Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

heater problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Default RE: heater problem

Grr I say...

I have been at this all day, my heater died 2 weeks ago in the middle of a blizzard sitting idle for four hours on I-90 just outside of buffalo...

not fun... 35 minutes with my feeton a working heaterbefore I could feel my toes start the pins and needles thing again...

I have been dealing without the heat since, [X(]

The problem is the blower motor just will not turn on...

I read some posts and decided to start with the relay and fuse...
As opposed to buying new I noticed the same part number on the door node relay and indeed it is the same one...
I swapped them but still no heat, then I swapped the fuse with a known working 40 no heat...

must be a bigger problem, the blower motor or switch itself...
I pulled the dash back and removed the control unit all seemed ok I guess the only way to really know is to replace the unit completely...
At anyrate nothing loose or visibly wrong...
I had previously ordered a new blower motor because before I started trolling for info I figured the blower motor must be the problem.
And at this point it must be... After giving myself the worst cramps, smacking my head a number of times, and cutting myself about the face, neck, chest, and head areas I had indeed swapped out the blower motor with ease... but still no fan which means no heat.

I would like to clarify that my heater does work but only the air that comes in from the outside vent gets through to me... And only going 75-80 on the freeway for 5-10 minutes allows for enough to feel anything... but the heater function does work, I just don't have a fan to push the air...

So frustrated from wasting a hunny bucks on a blower motor that I didn't need I sat back on the couch to do more research.[&o]
Idecide to read more about the resisitor, since I had seen it before maybe that is the issue. I just thought it wasn't because the usually symptom is the blower only runs on high...

I pulled it out to take a look and all is fine no broken filaments and the bloblooks fine...

short of the actual fan switch I am at a complete loss...
Should I buy a new switching unit, my system is the manual two zone.
Can anyone help my cause...
Thanks

Old 02-17-2008, 09:32 PM

Well I have had heat since yesterday morning, but problem still not resolved. The dealership does have a resistor on order so I will definetly be back to give the results on that. What a pain in the a%%. First ever chrysler I owned and its been in the shop 3 days out of the 2 weeks Ive owned it. I hope to get this problem resolved and be able to actually enjoy the car.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:20 AM

Ok . its been 58 degrees here all night with a steady rain. most of the ice that was here is gone. I just drove the car and I still have NO BLOWER. Not that I'm gonna need it today, but I was hoping it was frozen. I was thinking about that all night. If the blower was frozen and it wasn't able to move ,and it was being supplied . wouldn't the fuse blow? Or the motor burn up? I'm debating if I'm gonna take off today and play with this problem. OR NOT.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:17 AM

Ok all. I have narrowed my problem down to the Front Blower Motor Power Module. I started at the fuse. Good. Then the Relay. Good. I disconnected the power leads to the Blower Motor and used a good battery to check it. Blower works fine. The in dash HVAC Control Unit works fine also, and there is no ice or any type of freezing. Since all that works the only thing left is the Power Module. It cant be fixed or adjusted. It must be replaced. I am still not 100 percent sure it is the problem and I am pulling it out and taking it to my Chrysler Dealer to have it checked. They have to scan it with a DRBIII scanner to check it. I'm sure this is gonna cost me. But if it is faulty , they have 4 in stock at $80. To get the proper diagnostic & repair info and wiring diagrams , I went to www.alldatadiy.com . Its not free but man did it help so far.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:54 AM

Let me know how that power module works out for you...
I would bet mine is the same problem...
By the way...
After all the fussing I did withmine, the blower turned on the next day as I drove to work, but it is now is stuck on in the low position....
I cannot turn off... LOL

Old 02-19-2008, 12:15 PM

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am.. Say it with me boys. Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am. PROBLEM FIXED. It was the Power Control Module on mine. Which IS the Resistor. Or a replacement there of. $110 later I HAVE HEAT. And none too soon. Its bloody cold again. I followed AllData's procedures and beat it. Thank you guys and thank you AllData.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:11 AM

Please can you let me know if you were able to fix this issue and what the solution was?

Old 09-13-2013, 01:04 AM

I did the same . took it off dule heat and it strated working again. The mod, on the dash got very hot befor I did this. But it works now even with the dule heat back on.