Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Help! looking for satellite sirius radio options.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Default Help! looking for satellite sirius radio options.

I am trying to add sirius satellite radio to my 2005 pacifica. My car has the DVD/CD changer option, but not the rear TV screen or the navigation system in the dash. I would like to eventually add the rear seat screen also. I found what I think would work, which is an external box for satellite and then a connection kit. To go that route would cost $500. That seems really expensive to me for just satellite radio. What options do I have? Can anyone point me in the right direciton?
I have a 2003 Durango that doesn't have a CD changer. I bought a unit that gave me an RCA jackinput, but uses the CD changer input. I then hooked up an external radio to that RCA input.
Is there something like that for the Pacifica? Could I use the one out of my Durango and would I just loose the CD Changer?
I was thinking they made a radio that had satellite built into it, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Would I be better of to just rip out all the factory stuff and repalce it with aftermarket?

Thanks for any help,
Rob