Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

HELP, wiper relays clicking, ABS/TC/BK lights on, Radio dark...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Default HELP, wiper relays clicking, ABS/TC/BK lights on, Radio dark...

I need HELP!!
The symptoms:
Wiper relay 57 clicking non stop,
ABS/TC/BK lights on are illuminated,
Engine code light is on...code U110C
Depressing the brake will not release the shifter interlockWhat is NOT Working: Radio, A/C, DVD, power (lighter) outlet, front wipers, headlights, fog lights.

The process...
First sign was the lights, and the car not shifting into gear...wife discovered
this.
I reset the codes and at first the car would fault when the radiator fan would kick on the faulting at this point was intermittently triggered but regular. When faulted I would get the symptoms above.
I traced several places in the harness where rodents chewed through the wire. I've opened and inspected nearly every harness accessible in the engine bay.
Ive searched out on this forum the symptoms and subsequently added a secondary grounds (one to the passenger side body another to the engine)
I've added a secondary power cable from the battery to the bottom of the fuse box.
I've replaced the battery with two different known good batteries.
I've tried every reset option I've found.

At one point I thought I had it resolved (after the battery cables and fixed wires).
It tested ok in every way I could think to check it. Started heading home with it.
I decided to use the windshield washer fluid and the moment I activated the switch it faulted out as above.

Since then It's been in constant fault and I have not been able to clear or reset it since. I've even replaced the BCM and no joy.

The Actron CP9580 code reader will only give me the following information:
U110C Communication error Module $10 and $18,
P0038 (this was left unplugged inadvertently while tracing wires but cannot reach it until I get the car lifted up)

I'm in need of some direction in where to look.

seems like there are two many symptoms. I'm having trouble narrowing down where to look.

I've been scouring the shop manual for common links in the wiring.
Am I looking at a bus communication short somewhere? If so where?

Any direction or help would be MUCH appreciated.

Please let me know If I'm leaving out vital information.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Default Having same problem on 2005 Pacifica

Did you solve your problem as I'm having the same problem on my 2005 Pacifica?

I'm looking for answers, Thanks for any help---

Old 05-29-2012, 09:57 AM

So far... We have resolved the clicking relay issue, but I'm still working on a couple of minor things not working correctly.

The start of my problems began when rodents chewed through a harness.
We had to repair about 8 wires due to rodents and the vehicle was then working fine.

After wrapping the harnesses back up and reassembling the vehicle we inadvertently triggered another issue.
This was the ground connections on the Frame Rail ground studs driver side under the battery.
The ground connections were badly corroded and we managed to pull/break one loose during re-assembly.
Upon finding this we found they were all badly corroded and not making good connection.
We ended up taking all the wires and cut off the last inch or so of wire to get good un-corroded wire to add a new lug onto.

So far we have repaired the grounds at the Frame Studs and multiple chewed wires.
We did repair one intermittent ground inside the vehicle under the dash also in the driver side footwell.
Added 2 additional Battery Grounds, one to frame on passenger side, one on alternator base (probably unnecessary ultimately)
We also added the Additional power wire from the battery to the fuse box per another post suggestion.

After all we've seen I would suggest tugging on each ground wire to the ground stud on the frame rail under the battery box.
There are several ground studs there.
Clean the studs and contact points to make sure there is a good ground there.
These appear to be highly susceptible to corrosion (go figure considering location!)

Old 05-30-2012, 08:15 AM

Thanks for the information ----

I'll check and repair / replace all the grounds that you suggested.

However, i'm out of town and won't be able to work on it for a few days.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Thanks again,

Ty

Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 PM

I followed your suggestions------

We cleaned all terminals, grounding locations, replaced all grounds and power cables from the battery and still had the problem.

We started checking all ground connections and found a bad ground on the BCM under the driver side dash. We replaced the ground and problem disappeared!!!

The car has been running perfectly ever since----

Thanks again for your input,

Ty

Old 08-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Default Same issue

Originally Posted by Ty Whitehair
I followed your suggestions------

We cleaned all terminals, grounding locations, replaced all grounds and power cables from the battery and still had the problem.

We started checking all ground connections and found a bad ground on the BCM under the driver side dash. We replaced the ground and problem disappeared!!!

The car has been running perfectly ever since----

Thanks again for your input,

Ty

How did u fix relay?

Which ground was bad and how could you tell?

Old 09-04-2013, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by cuffsla
How did u fix relay?

Which ground was bad and how could you tell?

Sorry for the delayed response.

It was the ground connections on the inside driver side frame just in front of the front axle.
They are very difficult to inspect well due to their location.

Ultimately it was found by "accident" as we had already checked them once.

We were tugging and pulling on connections again when one pulled loose due to corrosion.
The ends that were in the terminals were all corroded and the strands of wire were beginning to break apart.

This was my issue but looks like there are many other variations of this on this car.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:27 PM

thanks. you would not happen to have a pic?

Old 09-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Default pics

any pocs

Old 09-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Default pictures

Originally Posted by dms3mi
Sorry for the delayed response.

It was the ground connections on the inside driver side frame just in front of the front axle.
They are very difficult to inspect well due to their location.

Ultimately it was found by "accident" as we had already checked them once.

We were tugging and pulling on connections again when one pulled loose due to corrosion.
The ends that were in the terminals were all corroded and the strands of wire were beginning to break apart.

This was my issue but looks like there are many other variations of this on this car.
Any pictures of where this is. I cannot find what your talking about.

Quick Reply: HELP, wiper relays clicking, ABS/TC/BK lights on, Radio dark...