Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

I really need some help. Don't want to go to dealership and spend tons of $

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Default I really need some help. Don't want to go to dealership and spend tons of $

Well, I was driving my '04 Pacifica and everything was fine. Parked at the store came out and it wouldn't start. It wouldn't turn over at all just clicked. Lights, radio, windows were on and no problems there. Tried to jump it anyways to see if that would help but no such luck. Got it towed home and have been working on it for the past week and a half. Replaced the relay switch, starter, battery and still nothing just a click. Tried to put in neutral and start but nothing.

Starting to think it might be the PCM. Anyone have any ideas to help me out?

Thanks

Old 06-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

get a wire diagram and start tracing down stuff can u jump the starter relay and make it turn? if it wont then see if U can turn teh engine by a breaker bar

Old 06-30-2011, 12:14 PM

I will try it. I was also advised that it might be the largest fuse that went bad? Or some wiring to the battery? Also the fuel pump. Anything sound like that could be it?

I did get a wiring diagram.

Rebecca

Old 06-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

I am not going to just throw out stuff that is pointless and a waste of my time not to mention yours trace down the wires and do the starter relay like I posted the first time then get back on and let me know what U find.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Red face Starter problem

Hi Heartbecca,

Did you solve your problem?

My Pacifica was not starting this morning, I turned the key and everything is turning on but not the starter. Not even a sound from the solenoid. There is several relays clicking but the starter relay in the power module do not appear to activate. I tried to jump the starter relay and the starter engage immidiately but engine wont start! The lever indicator in dashbord indicate "park".

Need support since this is a private import to Sweden and we normaly don't have the Pacifica here so the know how in our workshops are poor.

Regards The Swede

Old 10-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

do the same thing get a wire diagram and trace stuff down

Old 10-29-2012, 01:27 AM

Ok got the point,

I have the Mopar service and repair book on a CD with all the wiring diagrams. The starter is running if I jump connection 30 to 87 on the starter relay which clears the starter and battery. So now is the big question why the PCM don't activate the starter relay? There is connection between 86 on starter relay to PCM and since there are no firing when I jump the starter relay I assume there is a condition/signal missing to the PCM but what are the functions to look for?

Regards

The Swede

Old 10-29-2012, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

see which one u are missing power on 85 or ground on 86 when trying to start

Old 11-01-2012, 01:53 PM

Just throwing this out there, but....... have you changed your timing belt yet? You may want to look into that and see if the belt let go.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 PM

I would try temporarily grounding the engine to the neg side of the battery with a jumper cable and try to start it. I have a car that had a corroded ground strap from engine to the body and prevented the curcuit from completing thru the starter. Everything else worked, but the car wouldnt crank. I just fixed the windshield washers on 05 pacifica by cleaning up the ground connections under the battery tray. It is easy to forget that the ground is just as important as the juice in an electrical curcuit. Give it a try, hope it helps.

Quick Reply: I really need some help. Don't want to go to dealership and spend tons of $