Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Interior Dash wont shut off after vehicle off HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 08:38 AM
Default Interior Dash wont shut off after vehicle off HELP

I have a 2004 Pacifica.

When you shut the car off, remove the key, and exit the vehicle like normal the cluster lights will not shut off, the key fob does not work and the hatch will not open. Unless you hit the hazards, then all is ok.

WTF? I've been around cars awhile, DSM's at that, and that's some seriously messed up logic to have the fix be "hitting the hazard lights" lol

HELP?

Old 12-02-2015, 01:37 PM

I have a 2007 doing similar but not all the time. i have turned the key on then off and corrects. Will try hitting the hazard lights next time and see if I get the same response.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by mkbasham
I have a 2007 doing similar but not all the time. i have turned the key on then off and corrects. Will try hitting the hazard lights next time and see if I get the same response.
Hi mkbasham,
I was unable to find any TSBs that would relate to the electrical concern you described. Have you had this looked at by a technician? Please let me know if you would like assistance in scheduling an appointment at your local servicing dealership. I'm happy to help!

Old 12-03-2015, 02:20 PM

Mine did that when we first purchased it. Drained the battery all the way until I realized what was happening.
I found that if the key is worn, when you turn it to the left off position you can remove it with it actually not being off. You need to be conscious to turn it ALL THE WAY to the left.
I purchased 2 new keys and had then cut to Chrysler key code and the problem has gone away. ...........so far.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:39 PM

I'm having this exact problem with my 2008 Pacifica. Did you ever get it
resolved?

Old 09-05-2016, 09:34 PM

Mine has done the same for a couple years. We have to turn the hazards on then off again and everything goes out. That still doesn't fix the problem of the keyless entry or hatch not working though.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:34 AM

I took mine to the garage and after $150. it was the wires underneath corroding. He just cleaned them, he said it was a PITA getting to them, but its been fine since. Hope that helps. If i can find the repair sheet with more info I'll post it later.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:34 AM

I don't have a keyless entry but it did fix the hatch problem too.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:29 PM

Thanks Marymom! Now it`s just to find out which wires.

Old 09-07-2016, 03:31 PM

THe ground wires are corroded. It is hard to get to. It you are sitting in the drivers seat, left side of the firewall. I'm told.

Quick Reply: Interior Dash wont shut off after vehicle off HELP