Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Leak Passenger side of Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 08:24 PM
Default Leak Passenger side of Vehicle

I have an 05 pacifica that leaks on the floor every time it rains. I have checked the sunroof drains and they are fine. the windshield trim has also been checked and sealed. I have done a soap test with water and have not been successful.

This only happens when it rains, barely any rain this summer and it stayed dry. Coming into rain and now its wet again. What could this be, I have exhausted all efforts to discover this.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:41 PM

Where exactly on the floor is getting wet?
Under the dash, where your toes would be?
Near the door under the A pillar?
It may help narrow the search area.
Also, how does it sit when parked?
Is it perfectly level, or nose up, nose down, driver side up, passenger side up?
I only ask because that can dictate what direction the water will flow.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:34 AM

The floor is wet at the bottom of the floor board passenger side. It does not run up towards the firewall. It is a little wet towards the door but not overly. Where your feet would lay flat on the floor. Not near the a pillar.

It sits on a small angle with the front end more downward than the rear. The rear sits higher. but not overly.

The leak only happens when it rains. I sprayed it down on a sunny day and no water entering the vehicle. This has me stumped.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:49 PM

Here is a picture and video of where the leak is coming from. This is under the passenger dash. You can see the filter on the left.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:23 PM

I'm pretty sure that's where the heater hoses and A/C plumbing comes through the firewall.
I'd suspect your leak can be found in the engine compartment right around that area.
It's a tight spot to get to, probably best accessed from below if memory serves me correctly.
Good luck and keep us posted on what you find!

Old 10-07-2019, 07:31 PM

The AC hoses are to the right of this spot. I was very suspicious of the ac as well but it only happens in the rain even when the car is sitting for hours with nothing running

Old 10-07-2019, 10:46 PM

We have a '04 that a family member bought new with a long extended factory warranty, few years later we bought the car and it developed a similar leak, dealer had it for days, removed all the under dash stuff to reseal something, waited a day or so for the "fix" to cure never leaked there again. Trying to remember more about it. Maybe later. Sorry. B2

Old 10-08-2019, 01:07 AM

Thanks for your reply, any additional info would be great.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:02 AM

Just an aside to add a little to the story. My Pac developed a leak on passenger side. In the process of googling a solution I found a suggestion that maybe it was the AC evaporator water drain line. Found a Chrysler PN for a OEM rubber ell that slipped onto the AC condensation water drain tube that sticks out of the firewall, toward the engine. (Not real easy to reach into, but possible.)

The ell totally fixed the AC water leak, years later nary a drop more or that nasty smell from rotting carpet.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:29 PM

I found the leak, the water comes down from the windshield then it goes into a small hole that leads to the drain for the water that comes down the windshield. I lift the trim and it is completely sealed with steal. How do I get in there to seal up the seams where the water is coming in?

Quick Reply: Leak Passenger side of Vehicle