Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

LED Lighting and Hyperflashing, Etc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Default LED Lighting and Hyperflashing, Etc...

I just replaced all my taillights with LED bulbs and just as I expected the turn signals hyper-flash.

First of all, is there any downside to the lights hyper-flashing? For instance, can it do any damage to the electrical system in any way? Are there any known legal regulations dictating acceptable flash rates?

I've heard the flasher relay on the Pacifica isn't replaceable. Is that true?

The fact that the lights flash quickly does not really bother me. Honestly I think it looks good since the LED lights are instant on/off and don't ramp up/down in intensity like incandescent bulbs.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

no flasher that is correct the instrument cluster is the flasher so to speak it passes the voltage through the bcm then to the tail lights. As so long as the amps and volts are the same I dont see and issue

Old 05-20-2010, 06:57 PM

On some other cars that people used the whole LED tail lights, they sometimes had to add a resistor to each tail light to have it flash normally. Don't know if it would the same issue with just the bulb just thought I'd throw it out there

Old 09-10-2017, 10:11 AM

Reviving this thread, does anyone know where is the location of the turn signal relay for the Chrysler Pacifica? I changed my turn signals/park light to LED and it does hyperflashing.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Exclamation

The relay on the Pacifica is *not* user replaceable. It's built into the instrument panel.

The only way I know to stop hyper-flashing is to install load resistors in parallel to *every* LED bulb in the vehicle.

How to Install Load Resistors for LED Turn Signal Lights: 6 Steps (with Pictures)

Old 09-22-2017, 09:22 AM

@CRCError1970>> Delayed response, but thanks.. bought the load resistors for each side

Old 12-17-2020, 04:45 PM

Several months ago my left rear turn signal stopped working but the front continued to work at rapid speed as expected. The next day or so it started working again. Several days later it stopped working again then in a few more days it starts working. This has now been going on for several months. Every time I start to take it to the shop it starts working again. Any thoughts on the source of the problem?

Old 01-07-2021, 01:15 AM

Please check if you have lose connection on the back wiring.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:20 AM

Also check the ground(s) for the rear tail lamps. If no problems found with the wiring, replace the bulb. These are inexpensive things you can do that might solve the problem. Do all the simple and cheap things yourself before taking it to the shop, where it won't be cheap.

Old 05-16-2022, 02:12 AM

This frequent blinking could damage the fuses or have some harmful effect on the electronics. I think you should go to a car service. After a similar situation, I had a diagnosis done, and it turned out that the current transfer was broken.

Quick Reply: LED Lighting and Hyperflashing, Etc...