Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Lookin for PN for Prem. 385 watt amp

Old 11-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Default Lookin for PN for Prem. 385 watt amp

Does anyone have the part number for the premium sound system amp that comes in the Pacs. I want to install the sub.
Also can someone tell me does the amp feed all the speakers or just the sub?

Thanks for any help.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Lookin for PN for Prem. 385 watt amp

there is more to it then just adding an amp what about wiring and such?
the amp runs all speakers.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:16 PM

Thanks for the reply.

OK, maybe I need a small education. My 07 has GPS/DVD/Sirius/6-disk, component 6.5 + tweets in front door 6.5 rear and center channelbut is not the intermezzo. I read in another forum that this system has an amp (200W) but not the one that has the sub channel. (385W, my guess is its the same as mine but just addional 185Ws into the sub) I was planning on swapping the amp and get a sub from salvage. The other forum stated that is what they did in their 05 with plug-n-play 04 prem. system amp and sub salvageparts. The wiring is already there, just dead. Am I misinformed? If so what is the path to get a sub into this system?

Thanks for any additional info.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

i cant give u any hack way of doing it I can only suply factory wire diagrams not a hack way of making something work sorry.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:41 PM

CT thanks for your help.

My intention was not to hack anything. I was hopingfor swap-n-go. I have thewiring diagram of the premium system.The pieces of information I need really center around asto if the audio wiring harnesses are identical between vehicles whether or not you have a Intermezzo system. Can you shine any light on this?

Also do you have any chrysler tech step-by-step on disassembly of the doors to access the speakers? I don't want to take a chance of breaking anything if I don't have to.

Thanks again for any info CT!
[/align]

Old 11-25-2007, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: sum1sNzeros

Does anyone have the part number for the premium sound system amp that comes in the Pacs. I want to install the sub.
Also can someone tell me does the amp feed all the speakers or just the sub?

Thanks for any help.
i am one of those peoale who did their upgrades themselves and here is what you need;
i am not sure if this would work if you have a base model but mine is an 05 touring which had a 7 speaker 200 watts system on it.i bought the amp off of ebay the 8 chanell amp part number 4685876AF,also got the sub housing and the sub in it from e bay as well.the wiring is already there to hook the sub housing.amp itself is a plug and play as well.and yes the amp feeds all of ypur 8 speakers which sounds much better than 200 watt 7 speaker system.as i said i am not sure if it would work with base models which usually have 6 chanell 120 watt system on it.good luck.i also purchased a brand new sub woofer from the dealer which i no longer need it since i got the housing and woofer together so i am going to put that on e bay soon to get rid off.good luck with your upgrade and i know you'll enjoy it once it is done.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:14 PM

Thanks kkodal78!!!

I thought such. I have the 07 touring model with the 7 speaker 200W system so it should be just as easy. From day 1 I was disappointed with the system. Hope this upgrade will bring it up to at lease satisfactory.

So after upgrade for all intensive purposes it would is now be the Intermezzo system correct?

Couple of questions?
1) Any tips on disassembly ? (hidden clips/screws, watch out for X, try not to break X, etc...)
2) Mind if I ask what were you able to get the parts for?
3) Do you have any of the PNs of the other items so I can keep my eyes open for them?
4) If I need it, what would you let your new sub go for?

Thanks Again!

Old 11-26-2007, 06:28 PM

i am not sure if you have the sirius or not but mine does have it eventhough it only takes 3 screws to take off the storage box to get to the amp and 2-3 screws to take the amp off.the harness is the same exact so you just plug the 385 amp and put back the screws and you are good to go on the amp part.if you try to turn on the stereo without having the sub you still would feel the boost from 185 watts on the 7 speakers but it mostly gives the power to dash speaker and the tweets.and to get to the sub housing area you have to take off the plastic piece off and the strip off at the bottom on the back where the door locks (hope it made sense)once you take the plastic cover off you'll see a plastic screw looking thing holding the lower right panel in the back.once you take that off you gently pull the panel out and the clamps will release the panel one by one.i did not have to take the whole panel off to get my sub housing in.once you have it in there i think you need 1 screw to hold the housing in and make sure to plug the sub housing to the green cable with red harness on it which sits in the sub housing area.just put it back and you are good to go.

i got my amp for $30 on ebay.i was just lucky.LQK is the company i got it from off of ebay and they had no idea this was a 8 chanell amp they had a part number and i had the part number to match from the dealer so got it like that.i also bought auto dim mirror from them before and they are pretty good on parts.got the sub housing and sub from them as well for around $200.sub housing itself fromstealer is $290 so i got a pretty good deal on that as well.
i purchased the sub woofer from delaer before i got these deals to start purchasing one by one from the stealer but when i got these deals i no longer need the woofer.i paid $94+tax.i could sell it for $90 with shipping included if you want it.it is still in box never been used/installed.the dealer had to open the box to make sure it was the right part and since than it is in the box.i want to remind you though you still would need the sub housing box to install this woofer but this is the original infinity woofer.so let me know if you want it or not.but you'll definetely like the sound of intermezzo once you have this upgrade done.there is another post in this forum about the sub woofer upgrade i put the part number for sub housing in there if you need it.good luck

Old 11-26-2007, 07:20 PM

Thanks for all your input kkodal78.

I understood your directions just fine.

You cinched up all the loose ends I had. I went on a scavenger hunt looking at the local salvage yards. Looks like most don't mess with these parts. The ones that do stick'em on eBay. I will need to keep my eyes open there. I think I found your expired auctions. (great deal on the amp). A U-Pull-it had a few Pacs but none with the system. There is a local branch of LKQ here. Maybe I pay them a visit.

Thanks again!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:08 AM

From what I understand you can save a lot of money with better results if you use an aftermarket amp. PAC (coincidence) makes an adapter that plugs into the back of our head unit which allows you to add an after market amp(s) by itself or in addition to the factory amp. This would be perfect for those who just want to add a sub but you would still need the housing ($) but can use any 8" sub. If you want to go the full 9 yards you can install only aftermarket amps but you will have to change the speakers because the new amps will be 4 ohms instead of 2 but I'm sure that if you wanted to do this you would want to change the speakers anyway. I believe the part number for the adapter is ADD-CHR. Here are some links that might help:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...C+ADD-CHR.html
http://www.installer.com/hilo/

I'm looking to do this in the future! Damn economy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lookin for PN for Prem. 385 watt amp