Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Message (service tire system soon)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 PM

Log in and look back for the posting for what we did to be able to check which wheel sensor that might be at fault. We replaced ONLY that one that would not reset with one from NAPA and all else is fine. The other three are '04 original with 116,xxx miles. Thanks. *BW*

Old 05-03-2013, 12:47 PM

After reading thru 5 pages, I just want to know from Chrysler Tech if the best chance for solving the sensor issue is to buy dealer sensors sensors. Seems like NAPA ones are a little iffy on a successful training with magnet. After spending $$ to demount tires, mount and balance, would using dealer sensors for 20-30 more $$ per sensor be the better decision. Or is it just as good to use NAPA as long as the correct method of training is used?

Old 05-03-2013, 06:08 PM

Oh what a Nut Cluster!!!!!!!!!!!

5 pages and only 2 guys got it right???? BUILD DATE

The early build 04 uses a magnet, the late build does not. If you Cant find the build date, scroll thru evic and see if there is a "Retrain Tires sensors" message. If there is, Go into the Cargo compartment, and get the magnet that was provided to you when you bought the car,(Its with the Jack and lug wrench) select yes on the evic and follow the directions on screen.

If not, then this is where it gets Tough. Provided the sensors are functional, they will train themselves. If they dont, then they arent functional, and you have a problem with one of the FIVE sensors (Check the spare), or the Skreem Module. You can inflate tires and deflatre tires until the cows turn blue and head home, if the system isnt working , you are WASTING your Time.

jdsaengine. To answer your question, Now that I am done ranting.........

Me personally, Have had nothing but bad luck with aftermarket sensors.....But its your cash , so if you dont mind breaking down tires 3 or 4 times to get it right, then have at it. Sometimes it works out, most times it doesnt. Of course if you have access to tire equipment, you can save a bundle, But the average motorist is paying someone to mount and dismount tires until they find a sensor that works. ...In that case You WILL lose your shirt..... Im not trying to push dealership sensors, but in the long run, the money you saved at NAPA, is going out of your pocket somewhere along the line.

Just a word of caution, as Ive seen this numerous times, and I cant for the life of me explain it.....But Cell phone chargers, Ipod Transmitters,Wireless controls for CD changers, laptop computers, MUST BE UNPLUGGED FROM THE POWER OUTLETS AND REMOVED FROM THE CAR prior to attempting to retrain a TPM sensor.

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 05-03-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:16 AM

Thanks Tonic for the info. I did not pick up on the spare having a sensor. I purchased the 04 brand new in the fall when the 05's were already on the lot, so its probably a late build 04. I've gone thru the TPS issue with our 03 vette, so I kinda know the drill. My tires have about 10K on them so its a bummer to have to demount them for new sensors. I only drive it about 3-4K miles per year and its been a pretty good car, so if this is all the problems I have, I'll take it.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:40 AM

I just had 1 of my sensor replaced and get this needs service. How do you do the reset with a magnet deal? I have drove it for 2 weeks and 1 tank of gas and it is still there. HELP!!!

Old 11-05-2017, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Matney
I just had 1 of my sensor replaced and get this needs service. How do you do the reset with a magnet deal? I have drove it for 2 weeks and 1 tank of gas and it is still there. HELP!!!
Are you sure ALL tire pressures are where they are supposed to be? What year is your Pacifica, The older ones will self set, especially by the posted time and mileage. Not sure of the new Pacifica (van)requirements.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:43 PM

They broke 1 off and replaced with a new one. They said this would come on and go off in a week or a tank of gas. It has yet to happen.
It is a 2007 with 115k miles

Old 11-19-2017, 09:52 AM

2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4.0L. Getting cold here in Michigan (November). Service Tire system warning appeared. Tires inflated properly. Took it to local tire store and they replaced the last original factory installed sensor. The other three have been replaced in the past 1 year. Their tester shows ok but warning light did not extinguish after an attempt to train the system by driving. They hooked it to their diagnostic machine as removed the service light. Later that day ithe message is back. See update below.

UPDATE #1 11/20/2017
Yesterday, I troubleshot the tire sensors to see if the tire sensors would still report a "low tire message". I deflated each tire, one at a time, to see if the "low tire pressure" message would display. Sure enough; front left, rear left, rear right tires all reported the low pressure warnings correctly when deflated. However, the newly installed front right was not reporting the low pressure when deflated as though no communication to the receiver. The right front senor appeared to be dead. I took the car back and told them i thought the newly installed tire sensor was defective or damaged. They tested all four tire sensors and said all four "pinged" meaning good. They thought it probably is the receiver module (immobilizer module). The car will be going to the Chrysler dealer 11/22/2017 to get this TPMS fixed for good, hopefully... See update below.

UPDATE #2 11/22/2017
Took the car into the local Chrysler dealer. Diagnostic showed R/H front sensor not working as designed. This was the sensor replaced by the tire shop. Chrysler dealer replaced this sensor with a Mopar sensor and charged me $177.00 parts/labor. I thought this problem was resolved. Nope, 10 +/- miles later the "serivce tire system soon" message has reappeared. Today is Thanksgiving so i will return this car to the Chrysler dealer at next opportunity. I feel duked out of my money. Tires shop charged me $76.00 part/labor on Saturday and Chrysler $177 on Wednesday for the same dam tire sensor. I have spent $253 on this problem (same wheel) and still problem exists. Not happy...

Chuck , Oscoda, MI

Last edited by Chuck Webb; 11-23-2017 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:18 PM

so can anyone answer this. what is you took 4 sensores and put them in a pressure vessel like a pvc pipe with the ends glued on that fitted it with a valve stem and pressurized it to the 35 psi ? would the car see that and reset the warning lights and just as long as the pressure stayed up in the vessel the alarm would stay off. ir one of them fails it a lot easier to repair than removing a tire. will the car learn those sensors or do they have to be spinning to have the car read them? bp

Old 11-20-2017, 03:50 PM

sounds like a bomb to me

Quick Reply: Message (service tire system soon)