Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Need advice on repair

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Default Need advice on repair

My '05 Pacifica started to have problems when one day, the car started but would not allow the shift to move from the "Park" position. A number of other components did not work simultaneoulsy (like the wipers, horn, windows etc.). I overrode the shift by depressing the override button and I took the car to my mechanic. He diagnosed an issue with the Body Control Module. He rebooted the BCM and all the functionality returned.

However, a few days later once I had the car home, the problem resurfaced. I then took the car to a Chrysler dealer service center and they started by once again diagnosing the issue in the BCM and they reprogrammed the BCM. The DTC's went from 17 to 22 when they reprogrammed, so they told me I needed a new BCM. They ordered 3 different BCMs (thinking they just kept getting a bad unit) until they realized they were using the wrong programming. Some systems came back up but the Cluster was now inoperable. They now tell me the car needs a new Power Control Module (to the tune of $1200 + labor). Can you help? Maybe I never needed the first BCM replaced and they were just misprogramming it? Maybe they screwed up the PCM when they misprogrammed the BCM? Can you advise?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:38 PM

Did anyone ever notice any corrosion in the connectors? Tell them before they put it in, that they're gonna eat that IPM if it doesn't work. It sounds suspect to me, but i'm not in the loop on how they came to that conclusion, so.. This is the unit under the hood they're talking about..right?

Last edited by TNtech; 05-23-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:00 AM

Thank you so much for your reply. I spoke with the Service Manager today. They are going to put my original Body Control Module back in the vehicle and change out the Power Control Module for a $200 deductible. I am pleased with the result if the repair actually works. Thanks again.