Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

No Crank Condition!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:28 PM

brother, that wire on the starter is positive. thus the big red protective surround around the nut.

there are only 2 wires on the starter/starter solenoid. in fact, this is from the 04 pac shop manual.

The positive battery cable wire has an eyelet terminal that connects to the B(+) terminal stud of the Inegrated Power Module, and an eyelet terminal that connects the battery positive cable to the B(+) terminal stud of the engine starter motor solenoid.
The battery negative cable terminal clamp is attached to the ends of two wires. One wire has an eyelet terminal that connects the battery negative cable to the vehicle powertrain through a stud on the engine cylinder block. The other wire has an eyelet terminal that connects the battery negative cable to the vehicle body through a ground screw in the engine compartment.

Last edited by petermichael; 01-26-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

I am fully aware of what connections there are going to a starter
The little connector to the solenoid which is part of the starter wiggles loose.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 PM

Sounds like you are a volt low. Why did you get a gel cell? Not sure but I thought I read where gels were designed for race cars where you charged them with special chargers and the alternator does not charge it correctly and you get shorter life compared to a wet cell. Just something to maybe be aware of.

By chance do your headlights flicker? what are the voltages during all these start/no star conditions? Did it do this before the new battery? Was the new battery fully charged? Perhaps new battery is not good?

Old 01-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Default Crank Condition

I took a standard walmart jumper cable from negative terminal to the starter body, and it started right up.

i'm so pissed that i didn't think of this.

anyway. i just ran a 4 gauge wire from negative terminal to the middle starter bolt, using ring connectors.

it doesn't just start now, it cranks like speedy Gonzales.

poor design.

anyhow, to answer your gel cell battery question, no.

the battery has no disadvantage to it. it has a superior warranty, superior power, superior life, doesn't leak, can be installed sideways if the mood strikes. just an all around better product.

but if your ground wire connection is faulty it doesnt matter if you have 3 batteries. and to think of all the money i wasted, towing the car 150 miles, the dealership, rental car, new starter, lost work, arg...... and my jumper cables were in the car the whole time.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:48 PM

I had this same symptom. Wouldn't start with a new battery, only when jumped from my battery charger on the "start" setting. So battery was fine, alternator charging fine and starter was fine. Found this thread and others talking about the "transmission ground wire" which didn't exist, no wire or stud to mount to. Engine ground strap under the airbox was worn and had some corrosion and crud fouling it up. Cleaned up the surfaces, installed new strap and charged battery up(didn't use charger to "jump it") - started right up, better than ever before. Just wanted to post this for anyone chasing the ground wire they are told to check out and/or replace.