Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Overpowered?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Default Overpowered?

I have anew 2006 Pacifica, and it is a great car. However, I noticed that even when I push the pedal in a little bit, the tires dont catch the road, and they spin and make a lot of noise. I have to gently push the pedal in to go without smoking the tires, and I dont want to do that , because ill wear out the front tires. Anyone know why its doing this?

Old 10-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Default RE: Overpowered?

You bought a Pqacifica they look great but they have many problems loved mine and I am now 2 months out of getting rid of it and I am ever so happy I did they have many problems, Like the gas tank, dieing in the middle of the street, the headlights going out on and on I am sorry I had that same problem with mine to underpower.[:@]

Old 10-10-2006, 08:52 PM

lol.,., yeah love the car., but the tires smoke too easily, people wanted to call the cops because the tires smoked and was louder than a rock concert. All I did was push the pedal a little past 45 %,..,.,,..,too much power for the front wheels. lol.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:01 AM

Well maybe your to heavy on the gas peddle..............[sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=guilty.gif]

Old 10-11-2006, 09:20 PM

Baja, was your pac a new vehicle, or a lease, second owner, what? do you drive a Chrysler now?

Old 10-12-2006, 06:43 AM

Mine was a rental car with 27,00 miles on it it looked beautiful was well taken care of just lots of mechanicle problems where I was afraid to drive it, It would stall on me at the odds of times and be going down the road and the head lights would go off, and then the gas pump for one of the tanks went out on it. just a whole lot of problems and I am just so happy in my Nissan now, I was never so sorry as to when I bougth the Pacifica..................Beautiful car many problems.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:59 PM

I noticed this as well... I notice it when I'm making a left or right turn out of my sub-division or turning and pressing the gas pedal at the same time. There are many factors to think about when your noticing the tire break loose. I have a v6 Accord and a v6 Taurus and I can chirp the tires in either vehicle at anytime.

Is your vehicle AWD or FWD. when I test drove the AWD, I wasnt able to even chirp the tires no matter what I tried.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:53 PM
TEF

I also was concerned with how little traction I got with the factory tires. I've now got Toyo 255/60/17's all the way around, and plenty of traction. It has made the car a lot sportier.