Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica 2004 engine mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Default Pacifica 2004 engine mounts

Starting out on a hill i noticed this clunk and a slight hesitation before the car started moving.
Well the front engine mount as it turned out was 90% seperated from the base and all the oil was gone. it flipped up like a jar lid and was totallly useless.
we then replaced both front and rear mounts which i purchesed on E-Bay.
Not a simple job but it takes some doing to get enough space to remove the rear one. the front you have to drain the fluid in order to remove the top rad hose and the fan assembly. Wact the \little ground connector as it falls off easy when you lift the fan assy.
Cut the tywraps on the fan cables and replace them it's easier than remove them.
took us 5 Hrs. to do the job.
Any advice you need ask!

Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 AM

Yes, the Pacifica's have a definite problem with motor mounts. I had to have them replaced in my 2004 and recently had them replaced in my 2007 at 33k miles. The tech indicated Chrysler was aware of the problem. I guess I am a bit disappointed they did nothing to remedy the issue in three years.

jk

Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 PM

The tech indicated Chrysler was aware of the problem. I guess I am a bit disappointed they did nothing to remedy the issue in three years.
Chrysler has been unable to resolve this issue due to the increasing amount of lead based material commonly found in the right component of Adult Footwear.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic
Chrysler has been unable to resolve this issue due to the increasing amount of lead based material commonly found in the right component of Adult Footwear.
Gee, sorry I missed this one... obviously every other car in the world has the same problem. Unless... it is only Pacifica drivers that have this malady. No, I think not. It would seem reasonable that the average person would have to come to the conclusion, these have a manufacturing problem, or might be the tremendous amount of torque the "mighty" 4.0 develops. (I wonder how VW has managed to contain the torque of their 2.0 which i believe is more and comes in at a much lower RPM (?) huh!)