Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica no radio sound!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Exclamation Pacifica no radio sound!!

After replacing the window regulator in the door of my wifes Pacifica, the radio stopped working. The radio has power and functions , cd player works,channels will change, but no sound whatsoever. I've checked all my fuses, checked my connections to the amp located under the rear cargo are. I even bought a new factory radio from chrysler. Same problem! I dont want to replace the amp if that is not the problem. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated to stop my wife's nagging?

Old 02-06-2011, 12:00 PM

Yes, when there is no audio output and all the radio functions work it's typically the AMP that is the problem.

Last edited by TNtech; 03-17-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Default Seriously?

You know, I really was not expecting an immature response to a post on here. If you don't have an answer, you could have not written anything at all . For your information , I bought the radio off ebay for 40 bucks. Your silly and childesh name calling tells me your really intelligent. Now lets see if you can find a solution to my problem! Thanks!

Old 02-07-2011, 08:22 PM

Chevy,
Have you looked at the fuse to the amp.? It is uncommon to have all channels of an amp. to be out of working order, check and see if you have a power source to your amp. first. Do you get any static sound at all?

Old 03-14-2011, 06:59 AM

Still no static sound .Nothing. I noticed that the rear cargo area (Jute padding)was wet under the storage compartment .Where could the leak be coming from? Could the water have shorted my amp?

Old 03-14-2011, 10:14 AM

Don't mind my spelling, but the old oscilloscope would be able to show you if you have preamp signals from your radio. Let's assume that you did, then it's definitely your amp, and you may have found the culprit. Check your power, audio inputs and outputs connections on your amp., if needed, take it out, open it up and see if there is or are internal fuse(s) before buying another amp.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:19 AM

Also, use a voltmeter to see if you have voltage toyout amp.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:46 PM

i had the same issue with my pacifica and i replaced my amp with another used factory amp and it didn't help. still didn't have no sound. i was just going to get after market radio and amp.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:23 AM

Have you fixed the problem yet? I just don't want to keep spending money trying to get the factory stuff to work if i have to go to an aftermarket system. I also don't want to rip everything out looking for a fried wire somewhere. This just adds to a long list of problems with this car. It's a money pit! The sooner I get rid of this car, the better. Any and all help is appreciated. Let me know if you have any problems that I may have already fixed muself.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Default my radio also has no sound!!!

have a 04 pacifica and my son locked the keys in it about a month ago.. had man come open my doors and it set the alarm off of course. well now my radio wont come on, it lights up and everything works but theres no sound!! changed the radio and still no sound. someone pls help me... i need my radio my daughters princess dvd player just isnt cutting it...lol

Quick Reply: Pacifica no radio sound!!