Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica Problems....Please Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Default Pacifica Problems....Please Help!!!!

I have an 06 that we bought brand new. I have noticed that the gas pedal sticks. I have to mash on the gas, which makes me look like I am trying to race people off the line in my "mom car" as my kids call it. Took it to the dealership and was told there was carbon on the throttle and for $89.95 they would clean it. The service guy said this happens because of the engine they put in the Pacifica??? I have owned many other cars and have NEVER had this issue. I called the NHTSA to report it and see from other threads that other people have had the same issue. He said it is a maintenance issue and should be cleaned every 15,000....but it is not in the manuel!

Also the airbag light comes on every once in a blue moon while I am driving. Took a picture with my cell phone, but the dealership said they couldn't find a "code" and charged me $45!!!!

Finally I cannot fill the gas tank more than 3/4 of the way full (I have tried 5+ different gas stations to make sure it is not the gas pump). Dealership says they did a "visual inspection" and couldn't find any problems.....you guessed it they charged me $45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Help!

Old 05-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Default RE: Pacifica Problems....Please Help!!!!

This sounds very similar to a problem I have with our '03 AWD. I didn't notice it much until the past year and it seems to be getting worse. I'm assuming when you touch the gas, you either have to push harder than normal or, in my case, I jab it real quick to break it loose. I recall hearing the same 'fix' before, so when I get time, I'm going to take the engine cover off and look at the throttle body and clean it.

As for the other problems, I haven't had any of those yet (knock on wood).

Old 05-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Default RE: Pacifica Problems....Please Help!!!!

C'mon -fix the throttle sticking problem in 10 minutes, for $6 as described in the thread below.
Common problem, I've had it happen with other makes and models.

Airbag light - do you sometimes have something on the passenger seat that could be heavy enough to trigger the light when you go over rough road?

Fill up problem could be a charcaol canister/venting problem or temperature related. Does it only happen when it is warm?