Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica valve cover gasket

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 10:25 PM
Exclamation Pacifica valve cover gasket

This is an issue on my 4.0L engine.. I have 241,000KM on it and it started misfiring badly a couple weeks ago.. As it turns out, my spark plugs were fine. The tubes that contain the spark plugs, as well as the valve cover gasket are worn and allowing oil to leak into the spark plug chambers. The oil is fouling my coils. Mechanic quoted $800 to repair and I don't want to spend that kind of money. Is there a cheaper way to reseal these tubes? I can replace the gasket myself, and pressing new tubes into the cylinder head is out of the question. This is an annoying issue that I have never heard of happening on a Pacifica... Anyways, can anybody give me advice as to how to repair this? Will a new valve cover gasket fix the leak from getting to the tubes in the first place?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Old 06-29-2016, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

a new valve cover gasket set comes with the seals for the spark plugs tubes

Old 06-29-2016, 10:44 PM

Great! So the tubes don't have to come out? My mechanic may be giving me the runaround.. My other issue is that my AWD hanger bearing is apparently gone and may ruin other AWD components. Can the AWD shaft be removed?

Old 06-29-2016, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by 07PacificaLimited
Can the AWD shaft be removed?
I think you can. And there will be no harm done. In fact, i think there are a lot of people doing this to save gas mileage.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:15 PM

I may have to before it ruins my PTU and rear carrier! Thanks for the clarification!

Cheers!

Old 08-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Default .

Originally Posted by 07PacificaLimited
This is an issue on my 4.0L engine.. I have 241,000KM on it and it started misfiring badly a couple weeks ago.. As it turns out, my spark plugs were fine. The tubes that contain the spark plugs, as well as the valve cover gasket are worn and allowing oil to leak into the spark plug chambers. The oil is fouling my coils. Mechanic quoted $800 to repair and I don't want to spend that kind of money. Is there a cheaper way to reseal these tubes? I can replace the gasket myself, and pressing new tubes into the cylinder head is out of the question. This is an annoying issue that I have never heard of happening on a Pacifica... Anyways, can anybody give me advice as to how to repair this? Will a new valve cover gasket fix the leak from getting to the tubes in the first place?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
I just went through thus exact thing last weekend. Thought I was going in for just a plug change and found the oil. It was hard as hell to get those gaskets out of the valve cover. I took a pair of pliers and grabbed the gasket, twisted, worked it both ways and finally they will give way. My gaskets were as hard as the plastic valve cover itself. I gave uo the first day and came back next day and figured it out. There is a lot of **** you have to move to get the covers off. If you have any questions its still fresh in my mind so give me a holler.
Oh and that gasket remover **** will not do you any good. The gaskets have a metal ring in them.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:52 AM

Just an update... AWD shaft is removed. I want to take the PTU and rear carrier out. They are worth big bucks on these cars. Valve cover and timing belt are being done this week (it's misfiring again) as well as the stabilizer links and bushings. It never ends on this car.