Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica Window Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Default Pacifica Window Removal?

Looking to changing out Left Passenger window motor/regulator. Window got stuck in the down position,tried the fuse/relay reset, with no success. I disassembled the door panel, only to get stuck on how to actually remove the window off the track. Didn't want to risk breaking something. So my question is, How do you get the window off/out.?? Any help appreciated...

Old 11-24-2010, 12:18 AM

Isn't that what the forums are here for? Try googling window removal and see how much junk, dead end links and repair manual links come up. After about 10 pages decided to post since I also searched on the forums and no one posted questions on how to take the window out. Just looking for a straight answer. The window is stuck in the down position so kinda trinky not being able to pull up from the top.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:30 AM

I haven't done the rear doors regulator yet, but I did do the drivers door.

There should be two friction clamps that hold the window to the track, when you loosen the bolts, it should allow the window to lift off the track. I just taped the window in the up position and replaced the regulator, then lowered the window back onto the new regulator and tightened everything back up.

Again, it may be different than the front window regulator, but I thought I would throw that out there.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:16 AM

I need remove the door panel on the passenger side of my 2005 chrysle pacific. I believe the window fell off the track. I need hlep to do that. I have removed all the screw that I have seen. I am not sure if I need to try to lift the panel of force the clips out.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:56 AM

There should be two clips that hold the window friction of the runway when loosening the screws, you must allow the window to the runway. I just recorded an open window and replaced the regulator then lowered the rear window of the new authority and tightened everything back up.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:03 PM

I know that this is an old one, but I believe its still lacking a correct answer... I've ran into the same issue as the original poster and none of these suggestions work.

When you get the panel off the door, there aren't two clips holding onto the window, there is only one. And there aren't any bolts to loosen or tighten the clips. There are two pieces of plastic, one white one (which is the sliding portion of the track assembly), and a black one (which is glued to the glass panel).

It appears that the black piece clips into the white piece, but no matter how hard I try to wedge something between the two of them, I can't get the clips to disengage. From what I can tell the clips are engaged from the front and back, and there isn't enough room to get something behind the assembly to disengage the back clip.

If it would help I can post a picture of what I'm dealing with.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.