Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Quick question on the navigation for a 2006 Pacifica Limited

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Default Quick question on the navigation for a 2006 Pacifica Limited

I'm currently looking at a 2006 Pacifica Limited AWD and when I saw the list of options they don't have the navigation listed as one but on the inside they have the buttons for it as well as the screen for it but it didn't come on. Did they come with everything for the navigation even without getting the option? I wouldn't think so because it doesn't seem like a sensible way to cut costs but the dealer didn't know much of anything about the vehicle. Also is there any common issues with these Pacifica's that I should look at when buying one? Thanks for your help!

Old 02-22-2010, 01:10 PM

If it has the buttons, it should have the NAV unless someone tried to add it and found out how messy a job it is. When you say screen, you mean the one in the instrument panel right? It displays over the Speedometer? Did you check if there is a disk in the NAV player in the trunk area? there is a little compartment that you flip up on the floor in the back and the player is on the left side. Does it have the NAV antenna on the roof?

Old 02-22-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mrfixit454
If it has the buttons, it should have the NAV unless someone tried to add it and found out how messy a job it is. When you say screen, you mean the one in the instrument panel right? It displays over the Speedometer? Did you check if there is a disk in the NAV player in the trunk area? there is a little compartment that you flip up on the floor in the back and the player is on the left side. Does it have the NAV antenna on the roof?
Yeah it has the screen under the speedometer but it's just black. The dealer doesn't even have it listed as having the option but once I saw the buttons and everything for the Nav I had a puzzled look. All of the buttons for the nav seem to work but the screen is just black. I don't know too much about these things so I didn't know where disc for the Nav was located at. But as for the antenna I believe it did have it. I'm just hoping that it's something stupid like a fuse or something and the screen is back up and running. Maybe I can get them to tack off a few extra bucks since it has an option that is currently broken or seems to be. But maybe the sales woman was right. Maybe I do need to have the headlights on in order for the Nav to work lol

Old 02-22-2010, 04:30 PM

When we tested drove one in 2004, the display lit up the moment the key was turned on. I would not think it has anything to do with the headlights. although...if the dimmer is set to off, maybe that has something to do with it. If it is set to off, the interior lights (dome) should not come on. If you notice the lights, then the dimmer is probably OK but you might want to crank it to full on and check anyway. Is this a Chrysler dealer or used car lot? If not the dealer, you might have more bargaining power.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:24 PM

It's a trade in over at a Ford dealership