Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

rear wheel noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Default rear wheel noise

I have been experiencing a very intrrmittant problem, occassionaly when my Pacifica exceeds 40mph i will hear a loud whiring sound from the rear right tire and the next time i drive it there is usually no such problem. Last time this happened my check engine light came on and has remained on i do not know if this is unrelated, how do i check codes?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Default RE: rear wheel noise

Do you have an AWD model? Otherwise I don't think you would get a light. It could be a wheel bearing, tire or something more complicated. Is it still under warranty? If so have it checked out by the dealer. Otherwise check the tire and wheel bearing first. If it's coming from the wheel it sounds like either of the two could be at fault.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:26 PM
moe

harry i think you can turn the key to the on 3 times with out starting the car and leave it on the 3rd time andwatch the dash cluster pretty sure it will display a code.p0??

Old 02-05-2008, 01:27 PM

How do i check if iti is a bearing ? it is very strange as it does not occur from one trip to the other.
Thanks

Old 02-05-2008, 01:28 PM

I am sorry, i do have an awd model.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:05 PM

Usually when a bearing is going it will sound the same all the time so maybe it's not a bearing. If you jack up the rear of the car and spin the wheel you should be able to tell by push in on the bottom of the wheel. If it moves in at any point it's the bearing also you might hear a grinding sound when you spin it. I'm curious as to what Moe was saying about the code. Moe seems to have a lot of experience with these vehicles.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:17 PM
moe

yeah harry did it work? me and bus need to know ! bus if he doesn't respond i'll try it tomorrow at work.moe

Old 02-06-2008, 01:45 PM

It did not work so i went to autozone and the code read fidth cyclinder misfire. So i guess i have go to the dealer for a diagnostic, i am very tired of the expense with this vehicle.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:46 PM

That was fifth cyclinder.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:15 PM
moe

harry,i read some where that they had problems with the valves in that engine.theres is a tsb.have you tried having cleaner run thru the injectors.might loosen up the carbon build up around valves.

Quick Reply: rear wheel noise