Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Sdhusker

Old 04-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Cool Sdhusker

Word has just hit the financial wires that perhaps as early as next week Chrysler will file chapter 11 bankruptcy. There was much said about protecton for retirees, pension plan, health plan etc. What was not mentioned is where that leaves our warrantees. I heard earlier that if a company is dissolved the warrantees were probably gone with the company. Chapter 11 is a different deal, so maybe they will still honor the warrantee.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:31 AM

I imagine if Chrysler does not support their warranties they might as well go belly up ...... because no one will buy their vehicles.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Default Bankruptcy and warrantees

Good point Sarg, and thanks for weighing in. Bankruptcy may not take place if the deal with Fiat goes through, but they have only a matter of days to complete that deal. The important thing for all us Chrysler owners is that the company continues, even under Chapter 11. If the company were to disolve it could mean real trouble for all owners of Chrysler products. I am also concerned with Fiat in the picture. They do not have the brightest image as a producer of quality machines. Many years ago I was the not so proud owner of a Fiat Spyder sports car. When they say the FIAT of Fiat means in Italian "Fixa it alla the time". They are correct. Happy motoring.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by SDHUSKER
Word has just hit the financial wires that perhaps as early as next week Chrysler will file chapter 11 bankruptcy. There was much said about protecton for retirees, pension plan, health plan etc. What was not mentioned is where that leaves our warrantees. I heard earlier that if a company is dissolved the warrantees were probably gone with the company. Chapter 11 is a different deal, so maybe they will still honor the warrantee.
Didn't Mr Obama state that the Fed will honor and underwrite all warranties for any cars purchased right now? Wasn't that his pitch to prop up the auto industry?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Cool Sdhusker

Paul, it sounds as if Obama means 2009 purchases. I have a 2007 Pac Touring with the "lifetime" warrantee. Anyway, Obama is a politician. I have quit believing folks in that profession a long time ago.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:45 AM

SDUSKER: Obama has included all warranties of the big three (once upon a time ago) vehicles and their extended warranties as well. The year is not limited to 09 but to the orignal buyer of the US little three makers of vehicles. At least that is what I have read. I doubt that Ch. 11 will be needed as all those concerned want some money rather than none and no hope of any return of their money. It is a sad day for many workers and their families, and not just those in the Auto Industry. America is on the verge of a very real choice as what road to take in the fork of the road.

farout

Old 04-28-2009, 04:23 PM

Just hit the wire today.. the Fiat merger is complete. It looks like Chrysler made the necessary labor concessions to make Fiat happy.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Cool Sdhusker

Farout, thank's for the update. I feel a little better about the warrantee situation but depending on the Fed's down the road isn't the greatest either. God Bless America.